Author Topic: long term rental wanted.  (Read 11608 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

long term rental wanted.
« on: August 16, 2014, 21:31:49 PM »
Does anyone know of a long term rental villa with private pool in the Ovacik area for end of season please?
Due to our widow neighbour selling his apartment next door  and the one above us was already on the market,( both of whom have decided to rent out to who evers). we now have a steady stream of tourists making noise and for some reason thinking we are the agents. They think nothing of knocking on our door for whatever is lacking in their places and the owner of the one above phoned our house to ask why the pool wasn't cleaned..US not the maintenance company.
So our peaceful retirement is no more, and new owners say they will rent out all year, so we have put our place on the market. If anyone knows of anything at a reasonable price We would be grateful.
Many thanks.

Offline Bluwise

Re: long term rental wanted.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:48:26 AM »
What a shame it's come to that  :(    Good luck in your search, hope you find the perfect place.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 09:35:55 AM »
Yes, it is. We are so disappointed. After all my moaning about it, I had come to appreciate what a great little place we had found. I have got my head around the weather didn,t envisage a change in neighbours woud be more a commercial venture. I,m sure it will sell relatively quickly,as a holiday apartment its ideal. Just not suitable for full time living. So onward n upwards for us and another lesson learnt.  : :) :-[  :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 17:46:38 PM »
Oh Slikmrs, so sorry you are having to consider moving when you've barely got settled in your place. It is a problem with apartments unfortunately, you might start out with lovely neighbours and end up with the munsters, everything being shared is also a pain the proverbial if you get a non payer/pool hogger etc. Been there and done that and very thankful to have sold up and moved on. I wish you the very best of luck in search for a new home.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 19:20:03 PM »
Hi Lee, thanks for the sympathy. You say you sold up n moved. Did you stay in Turkey? Was it hard to sell and did you rent after? I,'ve already applied for my old job back in UK as a back up.  : :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 19:28:18 PM »
Take a look in Calis or Fethiye, at least it will be warmer in the Winter than up in the mountains.
Good luck.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 19:57:10 PM »
Yes, we may have to widen our horizons Jacqui. As long as it's quiet and not a built up area.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 21:13:01 PM »
11pm..they are all in the pool with kids n a baby in a pram right outside my window..I can't wait to leave here rally this is crazy.

Offline sadler

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 21:25:19 PM »
Slikmrs  this is so sad, you were so keen and eager for the dream. The end of season is near, things may quieten soon and the pool will be emptied, things are bound to get quieter, then you will be in a better position to make calm choices. I wish you all the best.  :'(

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 21:42:40 PM »
Ah that is a real shame Slikmrs, I totally understand where you are coming from, we had the same problem a few years ago and I was to the point that I wanted to sell up and just stay in a hotel for our holidays, of course we want people to enjoy their holidays but it became practically unbearable at one point... Like another member has said once the season is over and the kids are back to school things may get better for you... All the best in whatever you decide to do...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf