Author Topic: Adem helping a lovely but very sad man please read and think  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Madbaz

• Newly Registered
Adem helping a lovely but very sad man please read and think
« on: September 13, 2014, 07:20:35 AM »
Saw adem while over he. He is such a lovely man but not the same as last year . He is very sad after his Loss. We had a drink with him after he done all our shoes , we gave him all the shoes we had wether they needed cleaning or not . He is returning home in 18 days to be with his family before he goes to Istanbul . Everyone who sees him please let him  clean shoes and be generous . He desperately wants to bring his family with him next year .  Wouldn't it be great if we could help him.  Would anyone else be interested in trying to raise money to help him through this awful time . When you think there must be 500 people on here at least .  What is a fiver to all of us  , think if everyone gave just that little what a difference to the life of a lovely but very sad man . Any thoughts out there folks

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Adem helping a lovely but very sad man please read and think
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »
I would gladly donate if someone wants to arrange it.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 09:48:21 AM »
I saw him last week and gave him 15tl for a shoe clean. He's a proud man and would prefer to earn the money rather than receive a hand out so I suggest it would be better to try and increase his business rather than have a collection. I realise that this precludes anyone who isn't in or isn't going to Calis but I'm sure that there are still enough people out there at the moment or who are yet to arrive to make a big difference.

Offline jennyjo

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 10:26:41 AM »
We're over next week so will be getting all our shoes done regardless if they need doing. Agree that he is a very proud man and imagine would like to earn his money but again only so many people there before he leaves. We have been going to Calis for years now and always have a chat with him and get our shoes done. It is heart breaking about his children and he has been 'through the mill' over the years. I don't think he has ever been the same since he was beaten up although this year in June he did seem slightly more confident but still very wary of who he was approaching. I always look forward to seeing him with his lovely smile and gentle way.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
My husband got his shoes cleaned as usual.  Have to agree his lovely smile is not touching his eyes.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 11:40:23 AM »
We were with Adem most nights last week,he comes for a game of pool with Kenny, everyone of our company gave him something, even the children, there were over 30 of us at one stage, the donations ranged from 5 to £20,00, it all helps.

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 14:34:54 PM »
just return from calis saw adem lots of times my 3 friends & i didn't have any shoes to polish but we gave him a donation each.  i thought the last 2 days we were there he had a small smile on his face. what a good idea of a little fund raising for him

Offline Madbaz

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 15:04:21 PM »
I'm glad some are willing.  I don't know how the site works. Does it have a central body that could organise a collection ?? He is proud but to have his family here would mean so much more than his pride. I believe.  Come on folks. Lets make a difference and make this happen  we gave 50 for his shoe shine but would gladly donate to a central fund. What's a few quid to everyone here. REALLY   Please let's organise this and make his life a little better

Offline marina

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 15:11:04 PM »
Won't be making our usual trip to Calis this year so OH won't get his shoes cleaned by Adem as he always does.  More than happy to contribute in some way to help him bring his family down though.  After what he's been through it's the least we can do for him.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 15:39:31 PM »
Madbaz
Adem is a great guy but he is in the same position as tens of thousands of other great guys who have to leave their families to earn money. If you look you will see lots of people on this site, give a lot of time and money to help children in desperate need and to help animals as well.
Adem is a proud man and I think if people want to get there shoes done, then to pay a fair price will help him.
Mark

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf