Author Topic: Should We Be Worried?  (Read 2921 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Should We Be Worried?
« on: October 14, 2014, 16:33:42 PM »
After doing Mr WB's and our daughter's residencies around mid-September, daughter's card arrived two weeks ago today.

(We only get two deliveries a week in Kaya, on Tuesday and Saturday.  Anything to be signed for, the postie takes to the teahouse when he goes and asks if anyone there knows the signee; stuff for us is taken in by lovely Michelle and Eser in the restaurant next door.)

Anyway....no sign of Mr WB's card so far. I wasn't worried that they didn't arrive at the same time as even though they were submitted on the same day, with them all going to Ankara I didn't necessarily expect them to be processed and returned at the same time.

But as I say, daughter's arrived a fortnight ago.....should we be starting to twitch a bit now, do you think?

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Should We Be Worried?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 17:12:14 PM »
Check with the PTT sorting office at the otogar and Kargo office and also the Yabanci Police on the harbour in Fethiye.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 18:12:18 PM »
Does the postie still drop a load of mail at the mini-market up towards the Istanbul Restaurant ? Can't remember the name of it, but when we lived there he used to leave stacks of post there and we had to trawl through it each week to find ours.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 19:13:16 PM »
Yes, KKOB, he does. We go every week or so and spend a good 20-30 minutes wading through the pile - seems like everyone leaves their junk mail for ever!

Lee - that sounds like our next move if it doesn't turn up soon. Where is the Kargo office, please? :-)

Offline yabanci

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 05:45:24 AM »
I would head straight down to the  Passport Police in Fethiye and get them to physically check their files.My wifes residency was nearly 2 weeks overdue in August  and thats where it was, despite them telling us a couple of days earlier that it wasnt!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf