Author Topic: On line application forms  (Read 11340 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
Re: On line application forms
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »
John, Engin Selcuk the owner of the Istanbul restaurant in Kaya was refused a visa to visit the UK last year. He had no problems getting a visa in the past. We wrote a supporting letter when he reapplied and he was granted a visa.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:18 AM »
It happens Don, I don't disagree.  I have heard (and read on forums) of folks being refused who, on the surface appear to be good candidates, but despite multiple applications have not been successful. 

All I'm saying is that no-one I know personally (e.g. friends, friends partners etc) has been refused.  One particular person surprised me a bit when I found out he had a 10 year visa, he hasn't 50tl to his name and doesn't own property or a business, but still got the visa - incidentally, it wasn't his first 10 year visa either.  What also concerned me was the statement that he was coming to visit us next time he was over!

Going back a few years, there was a particular consular officer in Istanbul who (allegedly) had a reputation of being the worst person to see for the interview.  He was (allegedly) a bit of a drinker and (allegedly) a bit of a Turkophobe.  He was (allegedly) often heard when out drinking in the company of other consular workers boasting about his refusal rate.  In those days (allegedly) it was very much down to one person and if he didn't like you, or the look of you, then you'd no chance...  allegedly!  His name was well known within the ex pat community and the great irony is that he wasn't born in Britain, he was originally from Dublin!

JF

Offline lissa

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 21:41:53 PM »
Been told that when you go to Mugla to obtain your residency, as you have to go if classed as a new application, you will be asked for a copy of your entry visa that was emailed to you. If not give, you are fined. Also just for info, a taxi from the otogar in Mugla to the office should cost around 10 lira.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 08:58:19 AM »
just slightly off subject. has anyone travelled back from the uk with a letter from mugla stating that their residency was ongoing? going to face this problem? when returning next month.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 15:29:30 PM »
How can you be fined for not having a copy of a visa e mail if you buy one at the airport instead of online.

Even if you got an online one you will have a stamp in your passport.

To many rumors

Offline lissa

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 18:41:12 PM »
My friend was asked at the office in Mugla for a copy of the email sent to her.  She was told she would be fined if she could not produce this.This is not rumour., this is what she was told. You would have an entry stamp in your passport whether you purchase a visa online or at the airport. I do not know, but are they still using the old stamps in passports if you buy at Dalaman? If so, presumably a copy of this would suffice.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
My wife finally received her new one year residency card today,exactly 6 weeks to the day that it was sent off to Mugla.Last year with Fethiye passport police handling the application it took exactly 3 weeks to arrive.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 10:59:33 AM »
How can you be fined for not having a copy of a visa e mail if you buy one at the airport instead of online.

She was told she would be fined if she could not produce this.This is not rumour.

It's something as a tourist you wouldn't think about, but as far as I'm aware you need to be able to produce ID when asked by the Polis.  For a foreign visitor it means passport showing your entry stamp, and I suppose the logical extension of this could be considered to be a copy of your Evisa.

A few years ago, my other half and two of her colleagues were asked for ID by the Polis and because one of them didn't have it on her they took her home in order for her to produce her Ikamet.  Petty, jobsworthy, creepy sleazeballs is how they described the Polis, but apparently they were within their rights to demand ID and if unable to produce it you could be detained until your identity and right to be in the country is verified.

JF

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 11:34:56 AM »
We did Mr WB and Little Miss WB's renewals online yesterday, with Yakup's help.

He asked if we wanted to get our rental agreement notarised as the majority that aren't are being rejected by Mugla - which, of course, adds to the process. (We decided to do so.)

He also advised us that some of the noters insist on the landlord being present with the tapu before they will do this, so if anyone else is in a similar situation be warned!

Offline davybill

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 11:58:43 AM »
We had a email a few days ago, saying my wifes RC was ready, so went to pick it up at PTT Fethiye
No sign of the Wifes, but mine was there, We went back home, a hour later the postman arrived
she signed a form to say she had seen the postman, and she had got to pick the residency, at the PTT Fethiye
AWW well this is TURKEY, it might be there when we get there, Who Knows. LOL.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf