Author Topic: Call to prayer.  (Read 2468 times)

Offline danemmi

Re: Call to prayer.
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 21:12:34 PM »
Do not mind the call to prayer,it was only introduced 2 years ago.There are 3 speakers on one pole ,the one pointing our way is far louder than the rest

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 21:55:28 PM »
There are 3 speakers on one pole ,the one pointing our way is far louder than the rest

That'll be down to physics then.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 22:05:48 PM »
It could be that the OP lives next to the new mosque built over the last year in Ovacik that was not there when they bought their house.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 12:53:35 PM »
I remember a few years ago more loudspeakers were put up in various places around and about. Several Turkish friends I know expressed fury at this... One even disabled the one outside his window.

Anyone that doesn't live here full time and rents somewhere for a holiday may have difficulty adjusting to a loudspeaker going off right in their ear. People want to be able to relax, stay up late, get up late not wake up to an alarm etc. it's quite understandable, pretty crap for you though danemmi...

When you live here, I have found you just get used to it and tune it out. It's one of the reasons that burglaries are often timed to coincide with the early morning call to prayer because our subconscious is already used to hearing and tuning out noises at that time.

Offline danemmi

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 20:59:29 PM »
Only had the villa ten years,the speakers have only been there 2 years ,did not require clever harse remarks,only advice.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 21:34:55 PM »
Harsh.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 21:47:45 PM »

danemmi

I would feel the same as you if it were my place and I would be considering some of the suggestions that have been made.

I think if you were to make a complaint you would just be seen as a moaning yabanci. Try and solve the problem without

letting on. There's a shop by the Fish Market that sells air pistols and rifles.   ;)

Offline Libra

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 19:56:13 PM »
Try to suppress the noise with another noise if possible. Difficult in the morning , but else I put on my earphones and select a suppressing sound from this site. There are also some relaxing sounds etc.

http://mynoise.net/

Offline Janet F

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2016, 17:18:58 PM »
if you visit a mainly muslim country, then you should be prepared to accept their customs. when we are looking for places to stay, we always check the location (usually found on most web sites) and i can honestly say that we have never been troubled by the call to prayer, even when staying in hisaronu in quite a high position where you could hear any of the mosques when it was that time. if you are considering purchasing a property then you definitely need to check the location if you do not like the call to prayer noises.
janet f

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 18:26:43 PM »

Janet.

If you scroll back up this page you will see that danemmi bought the villa 10 years ago. The speakers were placed outside his

villa 2 years ago. There are noise levels and noise levels.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf