Author Topic: "Proper" Dolmus stops  (Read 8883 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: "Proper" Dolmus stops
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2016, 20:37:25 PM »
Speaking of which - I thought you and your OH were considering hiring a car next time you are here?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 17:38:27 PM »
Well today I got a dolmus to Gunlakbasi we normally stand on the pavement off the carriageway about opposite the Bezay hotel, today I thought Id better walk up to a designated D stop so I did even though there was a poxy van in the way of the busstop, i needed to get off for Kipa so said thecmagic words and the driver stopped...coming back laden down with shipping bags i just stood on the pavement saw a Calis bus put my arm out and he stopped same getting off said the magic words and he stopped, i noted ( Turkish) folk were asking the driver to stop where they wanted to get off...
Both buses i used were the new style bus ( dont like em!)

Offline Menthol

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 19:31:42 PM »
Well I'm glad to hear that the dolmus are doing as they have before - it is indeed a great service for the elderly, the infirm and those with young children. Oh and the rest of the population when it is just too darn hot!

I stopped to give a middle aged couple a lift the other day as they struggled in the heat going up the very steep (and long) hill near my house. They'd obviously been to the supermarket as they were laden with several heavy Şok carrier bags and two 5 litre bottles of water.

The wife practically fell into the back seat of my car, puffing and sweating profusely and cursing at her husband like a docker. Apparently he'd said 'the exercise would do them good' whereas she said, "!!**$$ ?***!! ** !!!!!!"  ;D

Offline jackstee

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »
Mrs was really peed of last night.
They got us. They would not drop us of next to the house but took us 400 meters passed to the Dolly stop.

A women said to me its the rules, I asked whos but she wouldn't answer. Most of the other passengers were on our side but admitted that being Turkey it might or might not, happen on each Dolly.
The river also missed many pick ups and I was told he was on a salary so didn't need extra fares 

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 11:45:35 AM »
Apparently it's always been the official rule that they should only stop at proper stops, it's just never been heeded before.

I've used the buses quite a bit recently due to both of us needing the car at the same time and it really does seem to be the luck of the draw - I'd say of the drivers I've experienced, it's a 50:50 split as to those who pick up and drop off anywhere and those who only use the proper stops.

It does seem to be only in Fethiye/Calis though; it's still wherever/whenever through Ovacik and Hisaronu and into Kaya.

Offline davybill

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »
A friend of mine told me they will pick up or drop off anywhere going Calis Gunlukbasi road to Fethiye.
but when they get past Migros, they only stop at the DS.

Offline Jack13

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 13:23:02 PM »
still finding that anywhere on baris manco/huzurevi routes there are no problems.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 20:29:25 PM »
Aaah well.  If anyone knows where the designated stops actually are on B Manco and also near Dolphin R/bout I would be grateful.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 20:32:52 PM »
bluwise - going in the Gunlukbasi direction there is a stop almost directly opposite the Chemist, maybe 50m from the roundabout.

Think there may also be one about half way between the Viewing Point and the roundabout.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 22:30:03 PM »
Thanks H -

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf