Author Topic: And she's back in the game.  (Read 7373 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

And she's back in the game.
« on: October 04, 2016, 18:00:39 PM »
Iyi aksamlar good people. Here I am,safe n sound. Really must take my hat off to easyjet. Best airline for help n customer service I have been on. Helped, putting bags through. Put my hand luggage in the hold. 16 bags in Total!  Really nice on board too. We were a bit late taking off. All in all a good experience.

Sky fibernet didn't arrive, had to get  people to phone. They came out this after. It all seems to be going well with it, fit gers crossed.  Haven't been out other than for breakfast. All suitcases are unpacked just need to put clothes away. Feels good to be back. Even had a little swim in our pool, bloody freezing! Chicken n salad for dinner, I had forgotten how good real food tastes.
Jerry boat for a day of relaxation tomorrow ..great decision. So far so good..
Oh n they blocked my phone, so not on same Number?,

Offline sadler

Re: And she's back in the game.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 18:40:33 PM »
Have you packed you fleece pjs and bed socks? ;D

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 18:44:09 PM »
Here I am,safe n sound.

Good.  Not sure whether I'm more pleased for you than relieved you wont spending the winter down the road from me  ;)

JF

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 19:51:11 PM »
Certainly have saddler.  ;D Now John, I don't recall ever saying to you that my Christmas plans had changed  ;D :D  ;) :-*

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 00:02:38 AM »
Well, you wanna head down my neck of the woods you'd better get in quick  :)  my Istanbul flight in early Jan, from Malaga, is €240rtn with THY - was €189 last week. 

JF

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 22:19:10 PM »
Hi Bernie hope you don't mind me hijacking your post but am curious as to how you have done things differently this time. I'm hoping to move out to Calis by the end of the year and would love to hear what pitfalls to avoid. Thanks

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 22:21:53 PM »
Forgot to say I will be moving out on my own and don't know anyone in Calis but I have been given a lovely warm reception on this forum

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 22:52:46 PM »
Rent don't buy, wait until you get a feel for the place. Bring a dreamland intelliheat electric blanket. A slow cooker. Warm Sheets, and a hot water bottle. Its freezing in winter! So pack lots of layers, thermal stuff n sox. Use inspector off here to get a residency permit, health insurance and to answer any of them sort of queries along with the guys off here. Send your clothes, bedding and soft furnishings over with parcel2go. Say value is £60, Gets here in 5 days. Use your luggage allowance to bring kitchen stuff etc. and whatever else. When you have got your residency, open a Turkish bank account. But would leave the bulk of your money in uk bank.  Every one has their own opinion on which is best. I used Deniz last time and now use Kuwait Turk, opposite the fish market. I was fascinated that they gave me my debit card there n then, took me 4 months to get one in Deniz bank. Also if you have 3000 tl in your account you can get a credit card too. Saying all that, if you only came over with your clothes, you would survive. Furniture and stuff all available both in shops and lots of online forums. Sign up for fethiye buy and sell. I don't live in calis, I live in Ovacik. There are loads of single people living in Calis and there are loads of groups for you to join, volunteering opportunities. Turkish lessons,all sorts!
Not sure what you need to know, I will help where ever I can. ;D ;D ;D I can hear this lot laughing that you would ask me anything, I just come on here and ask. !! :-*

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 15:23:49 PM »
Thanks Bernie some good advice there and I will definitely rent not buy. I lived in Tenerife 2004-2008 and rented so glad I did otherwise I would probably still be stuck with a property now. I have joined a couple of sites on FB for rentals but they mostly seem to be holiday rentals only. I will be looking for long term and also somewhere that will allow pets as I will be bringing my dog with me. Is it better to use an estate agent in Calis ? You also mentioned parcel2go but when I got a quote from them online for approx a 15kg they wanted over £350 - I noticed on your post you mentioned 16 bags on your flight??? Not sure if that was a tongue n cheek comment or you really did have 16 bags in which case that maybe a cheaper option i.e. bring 2-3 suitcases as I will only be bringing clothes ad some small personal keepsakes .Love to hear yours and other peoples comments

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 15:29:37 PM »
Somebody's only got to misread 1 letter in that heading and you'll be overrun with offers of "help".  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf