Author Topic: Good Pay as You Go Option for UK mobiles in Turkey  (Read 9174 times)

Offline Bluwise

Re: Good Pay as You Go Option for UK mobiles in Turkey
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 08:29:38 AM »
Belated thanks for this info.  I've just sent for one of these sims as I think it's perfect for hols.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 16:05:43 PM »
Just seen this in today’s paper. Hopefully getting a twin sim from China when my son comes home from Bangkok in May. I might just order a sim and use it in Calis this year. Seems a much cheaper option than using my current plan on plusnet.

Offline Robw

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 14:54:22 PM »
Thanks to this thread just bought a £20 bundle  10gb unlimited minutes etc. Brilliant!

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 16:53:54 PM »
This looks like a good option as I am expecting my Turkish phone and sim I leave in Turkey will most likely have been blocked following the new rules. Just a couple of quick questions. If I order one of these sims, will I be supplied with a new phone number? Does the sim have to be activated in Uk and just one more, do the minutes etc only start when you start using it?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 18:20:40 PM »
1. Yes you get a new sim with a new number (you can port a number to the sim if you wanted to)

2. I think you just need to activate it - I've always done so in the UK but don't think it has to be

3. Yes once you start using it rather than when they despatch or when you receive it.

A Pay as you go sim is also a good plan these days too - you can add a £10 top up and your maximum cost is £1 per day (500mb data a day /15gb a month + unlimited minutes + texts). You only pay the £1 a day on days you use your phone so ideal for low level users too.

https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk/

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 19:06:48 PM »
Thanks Keith for the clarification. I'll be getting one to put in my old unlocked phone very soon.

Offline charlste

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 20:22:34 PM »
Just to throw a spanner in the works there is also Voxi which is part of vodafone and looks a better deal.i am on the vodafone double bundle but Voxi is better.
Also when connected to certain apps its free of charge

www.voxi.co.uk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 21:01:00 PM »
Voxi is a good deal for social media types Charles but the pay as you go option on Vodafone is great for people who aren't heavy or even everyday users.

Voxi and Vodafone are actually the same price for 30 day non-contract access - 6GB for a tenner with unlimited minutes/texts. Voxi better for the social media side if that is what you use.

Offline charlste

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2019, 21:48:37 PM »
Agree keith if your not a heavy user vodafone payg is great.
Was just thinking if anybodys going away for 3 or 4 weeks the voxi 30 day gives you more gb's for £15 or £20.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2019, 23:18:13 PM »
i agree, I'm thinking about Voxi £10 deal for the girls - while the data offer is the same as Vodafone right now (6Gb for £10) youngsters use social media more than everything else put together so those being free on Voxi is a great offer.

It would be great if we were on Vodafone in the UK anyway, and just take your own phone/sim to Turkey and use as you would at home - never seems to work out that way - I'm on Virgin Mobile, family two on BT and one on Three.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf