Author Topic: Newbie introduction  (Read 3047 times)

Offline AlanF

• Newly Registered
Newbie introduction
« on: October 06, 2018, 00:22:55 AM »
Hi all. Firstly may I say how much I enjoy visiting the forum and find it a mine of information.
My wife Dawn and myself stayed in Calis in april and had such a lovely time. We don't usually holiday to the same destination but we both felt so at home in Calis and are coming again for another holiday on sunday.The weather forecast is looking good and I'm sure the beers will be cold.

Offline Bluwise

Re: Newbie introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 08:16:44 AM »
That's how it all started for us in 2010 and have been coming back at least twice a year since then.  It's like coming home! 
It was all the help and info we got from CBF about the resort that encouraged us to visit for the first time as had never heard of Calis.  Our only experience of Turkey was Marmaris and Gumbet which really did not encourage us to return!

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 09:06:14 AM »
And that"s how it all started for us.....almost 6 years ago we went to Calis for a two week holiday, we loved it so much that 4 months later we ended up buying our villa which we found on the internet, we go there at least 4 times a year for 3 or 4 weeks each time, next year we are retiring early and moving there !!!!  8)

Offline cenk

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 11:55:18 AM »
Welcome to Calis Beach Forums Alan

Offline suzyq

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 17:07:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum, you have obviously caught the Calis bug.

Offline AlanF

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 21:29:34 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Hopefully we may meet a few forum members during our stay and have a chat about the pros and cons of living in Calis beach.
Something that we are definitely considering with the way things are in the UK at the moment.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 21:24:45 PM »
Welcome to CBF AlanF - as you say a mine of information.

Looking forward to your contributions to discussions and debates too   :)

Offline AlanF

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 17:06:28 PM »
Well that was an eventful visit. Arrived sunday night and had to return home on tuesday after my wifes father took a turn for the worse.  What's it like in early november? May try to revisit if our holiday insurance can cover it.

Offline marina

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 17:47:43 PM »
Oh no Alan so sorry to hear that. Hope you can get another visit in.  Not been here as late as that before but we're here now until 30th Oct and hopefully still getting some good weather.  I'm sure someone else will be able to reassure you about it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 23:30:46 PM »
Really bad luck Alan! Hope your father in law is on the mend?

November is quiet, the season ends abruptly at the end of October, but not as fully as in times gone by. There are plenty enough bars and restaurants that stay open these days, and of course Fethiye carries on as usual all year round.

Weather can be anything - glorious sunshine, torrential rain & thunderstorms and all pretty random.

I like November there, calm and quiet - but it is not the holiday resort feel of September/October.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf