Author Topic: Cost of utilities  (Read 2139 times)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
Cost of utilities
« on: June 03, 2019, 13:29:21 PM »
We have a 2 bed apartment and wondered what the yearly cost of electric and water would be in tl we only visit for a few weeks of the year and was wondering what the average cost was

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Cost of utilities
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 10:50:52 AM »
I'll attempt an answer, since none of the 147 other readers of this topic have!

I also have a 2 bed apartment, my electricity bills for the past year have been IRO 2,500 TL, water approx 35 TL / month & 1 gas bottle, the last of which was just over 100TL. So, in total, just over 3,000 TL pa.

Last winter, although very wet, was comparatively quite mild & my 3 months of winter electricity bills were each IRO 400 TL. Electricity is my only source of heating, but all my rooms are self contained, so I only need to heat one & the heat doesn't dissipate elsewhere.

I don't use the immersion at all, as I have a dishwasher & had an electric shower installed, (which I don't need to use every day) when I moved here. Carpets go down everywhere for the winter months & I draw all 3 layers of curtain at every window too.

Hope that gives you a rough idea

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »
I and the other 146 readers thank you Liz for your devotion to the cause.  ;)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 17:14:17 PM »
Thanks Liz thought it must of been a big secret but that’s sounds quite responsible (well compared to the UK)

Offline jan deli

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 19:16:27 PM »
I just holiday in Calis but do take an interest on all topics as people have made an effort to write them.

Offline lissa

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 19:26:10 PM »
I thought last winter was the coldest!  My water bill is more than that though, probably 50 lira per month, and my electricity is less for most of the winter months. January/ February is the highest generally. I do use an immersion though at times. My bills range from 190- 270.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf