Author Topic: green sea  (Read 19154 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: green sea
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2019, 22:34:32 PM »
Latest seems better.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »
Pictures taken by FRT yesterday of the Algae Bloom/pollution still affecting the bay in Fethiye.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 19:40:00 PM »
Perhaps the new hotels need to review their sewage outlets as this has only happened recently.  The weather may contribute to algae but this region gets very hot during the summer and has done for years. This recent problem may be something to do with the new developments.  Whatever is causing it, it needs to be sorted.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 19:48:34 PM »
Perhaps the local council and or MUSKI need to review the permits they've issued, and are about to issue in the future, for the building of hotels and the control of their sewage ?

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
today it is back to Kotu - bad. I won't be on the beach in front of the restaurants when we get there, off to where the green symbol or better is every day. I can't believe that people like Mete Ay are letting this continue; it could affect next year's bookings.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2019, 14:53:12 PM »
I'm sure if Mete is able to do anything, he'll be doing it. Just not shouting about it. 

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 18:48:42 PM »
It will certainly impact on tourism if it isn’t sorted.

Offline lissa

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 05:21:32 AM »
From Fethiye area news:
The ongoing issue of the Gulf of Fethiye continues, 7 professors working at GAZI University published a report on the color change in Fethiye Bay, the most important reason of pollution was from agricultural drainage water Murt Creek they stated.

The report from Dr. Pelin Yildirim , Professor of research. Dr. Lale Balas, Professor Dr. Hale Hopoğlu, Professor Dr. Aysel Çağlan Günay and Prof. Dr. Ahmet Altindag did. Consultancy of the project. Dr. Example: Ahmet ErkanKüseyş and Prof. Dr. Sinet Selmin Burak stated there are 4 items of concern.

The first item of the cause of pollution was the discharge of agricultural drainage water and treatment water from Murt ( Mersinli ) Creek.

The second reason for pollution is the agricultural drainage waters carried by other channels in the Gulf.

The third reason is connected to the treatment of residential areas and facilities.

Lastly the pollution from Fethiye Marina and other boats was the other item of concern

The scientific report stated that, "Murt Creek" is transported directly in to the Gulf of Fethiye  together with the agricultural discharge waters which are rich in nitrogen and phosphorus salts.

Their conclusion is that "Murt Creek and the said canals are the main source of pollution in the Gulf. "

No doubt there will be new reports in the coming weeks from more experts, we will post them when we receive them, hopefully all the information in the countless reports will lead to action to rectify the issue.

https://m.sondakika.com/haber/haber-7-profesorden-fethiye-korfezi-raporu-12302531/

Offline Steve A

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2019, 09:25:24 AM »
It’s still really as clear as mud ,or the sea.Todays Fethiye Times quotes various local officials who have confirmed it’s the waste water treatment plant has been working over capacity for six years meaning that it is not being fully treated before being discharged into the bay.
They talk about waste water do they meant human waste ?
Is is harmful / can you swim/ will it make you ill ?
No answers anywhere to these questions which I feel are the important ones For tourists.
Someone on FB today saying Calis very quiet and the reason is the dirty sea,it’s an unqualified comment but a bad direction to go in.
The “authorities” really need to get a grip of this now,have a consistent approach,message and visible action.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2019, 09:45:16 AM »
It'll be interesting to see if it has any effects on the Turkish tourist numbers during Kurban Bayram.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf