Author Topic: Main drains here  (Read 8105 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Main drains here
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 12:47:10 PM »
We are not going to be renting our house out but have had x2 lots of 6 parties arrive like you say folk don’t look after your property the way owners do...
That is good to know the name for the main drain procedure, one more question on this unpleasant subject who do we phone to get to empty the tank please Steve would it be the MUSKI people do you know?
Thanks very much

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 13:16:28 PM »
These are the people you need to get hold of.

http://www.fethiyevidanjor.com/

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 13:52:10 PM »
When we lived there you had to call a guy known to everyone (including himself) as "the sh1t man" :D

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2019, 13:54:35 PM »
No.1 In The No.2 Business ?

Or these ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2019, 13:57:50 PM »
When we lived there you had to call a guy known to everyone (including himself) as "the sh1t man" :D

I bet he's on the road to suck cess.   :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2019, 14:37:28 PM »
I think if you are renting a property out it may be best to weigh up the cost of canalisation (mains drains) as people do not look after your place as well as you do.If there’s an option to flush or put in basket ai suspect a lot of people flush.You also get the imbeciles that put nappies and sanitary products Down the loo.

But it doesn't matter a jot whether you're on mains drainage or have a cess pit, it's the drains from the property that become blocked & cause the blow back of sh1t etc as described by Karennina.

We've had a couple of instances of this on our site & have always been connected to mains drainage. Sadly, it's usually those in ground floor apartments that suffer from the stupidity of those higher in the building.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2019, 15:05:37 PM »
Exactly that Liz re the blocking on the way to the pit and the lower apartments suffering I have never seen anything like the mess in my neighbours bathroom.

Iv spent a few hours this afternoon reading up on cess pits/ septic tanks and also discovered an old thread on here about the subject poss 2013 thread or could have been 2003 even, interesting read so I guess KKOB you weren’t trying to be funny re your chicken comment ( can’t believe we may have to do this well not necessarily a chicken) so my sincere apologies for being irked by your comment earlier...
I’m guessing we are going to have to do the digging to uncover the hatch lid or whatever b4 we call the pit man out sorry can’t call him the $””t man but it does rhyme with pit!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2019, 15:45:22 PM »
....interesting read so I guess KKOB you weren’t trying to be funny re your chicken comment ( can’t believe we may have to do this well not necessarily a chicken) so my sincere apologies for being irked by your comment earlier...

Apology accepted. Seriously though, a dead chicken, fresh or frozen, will cost you little and will help towards keeping the bacteria in your pit 'healthy'.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2019, 11:46:04 AM »
Thank u KKOB we have had a guy round from the link you provided super speedy I might add from making the call...
We’re happy with the price to pump the tank out etc, however we now need to find where the actual tank is before they can do the work anyone have any idea how we go about finding it without digging up the whole garden?
Many thanks for any info

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »
Might be worth going to the council offices to see if there are plans filed for the complex ? Also, have a scout round to see if there's a manhole cover, and / or a breather pipe sticking up amongst the shrubbery.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf