Author Topic: Electric - price per unit  (Read 8131 times)

Offline quelchy

• Newly Registered
Re: Electric - price per unit
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 12:33:04 PM »
Hi guys.  No I did not notice the date of the post I replied to, but what I want to know is what is the cost for the three rates on my meter?  How do I take the numbers for each rate and convert them (if needed) to KW/H and the associated cost per KW/H.  Reason is that I still do not have habitation so my builder is telling me how many KW/H I have used and how much I owe.  I don't believe them and want to check.  Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »
I'm not entirely sure of the answer but without habitation you will be paying a fourth rate, construction rate. The price per unit is higher than any of those three as far as I know. So even if your builder is telling you the correct amount of KWh, you are paying way more than you should be.

Residential rates only come when living permission/habitation has been granted.

Offline quelchy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 06:21:51 AM »
That is what I thought.  perhaps i just add up the numbers from the three rates shown on my meter and use the KW/H rate I have been told.  Are the units on the meter KW/H or is it like in the UK where you have to do some sort of conversion from units to KW/H?

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 07:05:27 AM »

Offline mac2010

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2013, 09:56:44 AM »
If your meter is the digital type you just need to push the grey button until you see on the screen the letter T top left of the screen. This gives you a reading of your used electric units(a line of about 8 numbers) If you compare that number with the last bill you can work out how many units have been used then times that by the cost of a unit to give you a value.   :)

Offline IanK

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2013, 13:37:51 PM »
My last bill shows we are paying 0.251187TL per KWh for all our power (T1, T2 & T3).

FYI, it shows T1 as 6am-5pm, T2 as 5pm to 10pm and T3 as 10pm to 6am.

IanK

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf