Author Topic: Orient Hotel  (Read 4217 times)

Offline philrose

Orient Hotel
« on: July 28, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
I see the Orient hotel is up for sale for a cool 15.5 million TL.
I hope whoever buys it pulls the ugly monstrosity down ;D
https://emlakkulisi.com/fethiye-orient-otel-icradan-satisa-cikti/508881
https://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/35058-fethiye-times-news-week-ending-26-july-2020.html
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:46:11 AM by philrose »

Offline philrose

Re: Orient Hotel
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 09:52:16 AM »

Offline Phil

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 14:09:13 PM »
The whole thing always seemed to be out of place to me
Just out of curiosity does anyone know when it was built ?? It must have looked even more out of place in the olden days of Çalış

Offline blueclad

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 15:14:27 PM »
years ago I remember when it closed very quick and the loads of air tours holiday makers and others  were moved out all over the place , after a few years it opened up again a huge bar was built by the main road and other things were updated then in later years it closed again and only a Turkish bath was open in the front left corner then it closed yet again , it has been a horrid looking place for years time to pull it down I feel and build low rise buildings and give it a smart open to the public  new look to the surrounding area , alas I don't see that happening

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 16:58:29 PM »
Iv heard over the years ( as I’m sure a lot of other members have too) re the derelict houses in Calis that the same owner owns this hotel and something about he died and there is or was legal or family probs with the family hence why noth lots of  properties have fallen into disrepair, but there again we all know the ole Calis rumor mill don’t we!   :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 17:30:41 PM »
Agree with Phil, it must have looked ridiculous in semi-rural Calis back in the day :o

I too recall the big refurb - after a long period of closure - and it went from being a fairly nasty building to a fairly nasty building with a couple of coats of paint and an arch. The reviews following the reopening were almost exclusively dire.

I honestly can't see any viable future for that building as a hotel that would be cheaper than demolition and starting again. As it comes right to the corner of Scarlett Bar, it could become a lovely addition to Calis if removed and reworked.

Offline philrose

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 08:00:05 AM »
I remember seeing an advert for the place after the "refurb" and the ariel pictures made it look as if it occupied half of Çalis  :)

Offline philrose

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 08:22:34 AM »

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 08:41:51 AM »
Iv heard over the years ( as I’m sure a lot of other members have too) re the derelict houses in Calis that the same owner owns this hotel and something about he died and there is or was legal or family probs with the family hence why noth lots of  properties have fallen into disrepair, but there again we all know the ole Calis rumor mill don’t we!    :)
Heard a similar account about the Little Venice complex along the canal.Does anyone know when that was built?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 04:23:01 AM »
Where is the Little Venice complex Mr Badger or is that what those derelict houses are called?
I wish something could be done about those houses we often say what we would like to see there in their place I’d love a Sok or Bim and a nice Turkish cafe or pide cafe   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf