Author Topic: Calis Prom  (Read 12520 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Re: Calis Prom
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 18:44:40 PM »
Link to the Calis Beach fb group for anyone interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/64776230935

Offline Wasp0

• It takes a lot of balls to golf the way I do
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 09:27:54 AM »
Facebook.. :-X :-X ......!  Thats me missing out then! Would not even touch Facebook with yours  ;D

Come on someone post a piccy or two for the forum. Have also asked Mick Scarsbrook (YouTube) to do another YT vid on the prom with an update. Really eager to find out what is going on and excited to see the build and final finish.
Anyone know if they are still on for a Beginning of season finish for the prom? or has Covid hit the progress a bit?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 13:28:08 PM »
Really eager to find out what is going on and excited to see the build and final finish.

Really ?

Offline Wasp0

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2021, 22:13:44 PM »
Really eager to find out what is going on and excited to see the build and final finish.

Really ?

Yes Really!  : :) Why ask? For me as a house (Apartment) owner in Calis, and a regular traveller to Calis (4 or 5 times a year), I am of course interested, excited, eager, to see the progress (If Any due to Covid) or the finished Prom. Not on Facebook, not on Twitter, so missing out on any info posted on there. Just thought someone who is over there down having a coffee/Beer/Both on the prom might get their phone out take a picture or two and upload.

Not a lot i ask?   ;)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2021, 22:54:02 PM »
These were posted by George Rimmer  on F.B today. Hope you recognise some places

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 07:00:05 AM »
Thank you for sharing with us Toky    :)

Offline IanK

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 09:05:59 AM »
Thanks for the photos - appreciated.

Wow - they appear to have dug up the gardens in front of the hotels and apartments at the top end of the prom. I'm guessing they may not have actually been "their" gardens like in a few other areas.

Perhaps only a matter of time before they do the same in Koca Calis and reclaim some of the beach occupied by restaurants.

Ian

Offline Steve A

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2021, 09:45:15 AM »
All of the land that has been reclaimed is that which was technically  stolen ie owned by belidiye and developed without permission.So lots of places have lost outside space but I believe the new plans will allow them to utilise but not own the newly developed space if that makes sense

Offline Wasp0

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 09:56:53 AM »
Brilliant, Thanks Toky........  WOW, thats a big project, lets hope it is done for the season start (Whenever that might be). I have just booked EJ flights for Mid to late May to see how our Apartment has faired from a Years absence.

Does anyone know if the Restaurants/Cafe's are still open during this upheaval?

Lets also hope the people who designed & Built the amazing Park down the front are the same people doing this  :)  :) 

Offline lissa

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 10:57:31 AM »
Restaurants and cafes only allowed to open for take aways anyway, and not much open along the promenade just now.
The big park has been mostly closed during the pandemic, children's play areas and exercise parts closed off, though other parks etc are open in different parts of the town.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf