Author Topic: Anne Jenns  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Anne Jenns
« on: December 16, 2020, 19:11:09 PM »
We are devastated and truly shocked to let everyone know that our friend and CBF/CB Group member Anne Jenns has passed away quite unexpectedly. Anne suffered a heart attack and passed away yesterday. 

Anne was a friend of our family for so many years - and an active member of CBF, clocking up over 5,000 posts. Also an active member on the CB Facebook group. We spoke regularly - mainly on Messenger where we seemed to have the same ADS installed (A**ehole Detector System)  😉

She was also a massive, massive part of the Calis Children's Charity - working tirelessly with the team to raise amazing amounts of money and put on the fabulous events throughout the year.

Often described as the rottweiler with the soft centre, that too was true. You had to be allowed past the rottweiler to see the real, caring Anne within. One of our great memories we shared was going with the 3C team to deliver the many items we raised money for on the forum - for a school in Bozalan near Fethiye - still one of the most magical days we ever had in Turkey. The rottweiler was an emotional rottweiler that day - we all were.

Farewell to a friend, campaigner, tireless obstacle mover and giver. She made a real difference in Turkey, to many young lives. All our love and thoughts have been with Barrie, and Anne's family.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Anne Jenns
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 19:16:24 PM »
Devastating news - such a tireless worker for the 3C's charity.

Anne, you will be sadly missed.

Deepest condolences to Barrie and the families

:( :( :( :(

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 19:32:26 PM »
Very shocked and saddened to hear this. I didn't really know Anne but have read her posts on here for years. I know she did so much for the 3C's when they lived in Calis and I'm sure she will be greatly missed.
My deepest condolences to Barrie and all her family and friends.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 20:12:03 PM »
Shocked to the core with this sad news.
Anne was such a big part of Calis, the children's charity, this forum and of course our FB group.
This remarkable woman changed many lives and will live on in many hearts always.
Sending our condolences to Barrie and all her family.
RIP Anne

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 21:29:07 PM »
Oh no, just no. I can't believe what I am reading Keith. I've known "Mercury" since we first visited Calis way back in 2009. We kept in touch when her and Barrie moved back to Pressal and messaged regularly. I cannot imagine how Barrie will get through this and her dear friend Shirley, widow of Barry Gray. They were all so close. What a cruel f4cking world!!! I am devastated.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 21:58:06 PM »

Anne was a Guardian Angel to " hundreds " of needy Turkish kids and this world is poorer for her passing.

What a wonderful human being.  RIP  Anne

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 08:27:02 AM »
Such a shock. We never met in person but we often had each other’s backs on FB and on here. She was obviously a strong willed lady who took no crap. It seems her soft centre helped so many.

Condolences to Barrie and her family.

RIP Anne

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 08:27:47 AM »
I was very shocked & saddened to hear this news. Anne was quite simply indefatigable in her fund raising efforts, & expected nothing less of those around her. Anyone coming up short was told in no uncertain terms & that was largely the source of her rottweiler image. The legacy of what Anne, & other founders of 3Cs, achieved will long live on.

My heart & thoughts go out to Barrie

RIP Anne & don't give them a hard time up there for taking an odd day of rest!!

Offline TOSH TOSH

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 08:37:17 AM »
R.I.P Anne xx

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 10:10:58 AM »
R.I.P. Anne

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo