Author Topic: Thai/Indian in Olu Deniz?  (Read 4229 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Thai/Indian in Olu Deniz?
« on: January 30, 2006, 12:19:58 PM »
Now although we do love Turkish food, and do indeed eat Turkish every night whilst in Turkey (!!!) we are also partial to Thai and Indian food. In particular Thai food.  We believe there is a good restaurant in Olu Deniz that does Thai food, and would be grateful for any information on this. cheers. ;)

Offline doll

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 18:59:41 PM »
dont no about thai place but rainbow in hisanarou
does a v good indianfood
its where the buses turn around
han bar in calis do good curries too

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 22:26:34 PM »
I agree with Doll. The indian food in the Han is great

Offline brijen

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 23:13:08 PM »
The Plaza at the Belkeciz Hotel in Olu Deniz is Thai, Indian and Italian, we eat there a lot the food is fabulous and a great atmosphere.
 The Thai food last year was superb they actually had a Thai woman cooking the food for them. hope she's there again this year can't wait to go back.
Jen :D

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:20:34 AM »
thats the one Jen!! the name rings a bell now.  Will give that a go in May. Thanks for that.  Ps. Does anyone happen to know if they have a website address?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 12:51:44 PM by sue mac »

Offline doll

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 17:06:36 PM »
brijen, can you tell us roughly how much the thai food costs up in olu deniz?
where about is the hotel situated? maybe try it out for special occassion
doll

Offline brijen

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 20:55:53 PM »
Its right on the front past the sugar shack and buzz bar, walk down past the turn off to go up the main high street and its just on left,dead easy to find.

Prices are good a little bit more than most from memory, last year 12 lira for main thai dishes and 6 lira for rice. Italian dishes are really reasonable 8 -10 lira. Indian food is very good as well.

Ask for bread to start and you get olive oil and they dress it with sundried tomatoes and chilli and basil for to dip bread in delicious, tried it here when we got home but not the same :-\.

Drinks tend to be expensive but you are paying for the surroundings and atmosphere, which is we think that bit extra special.

Have a look at the pool at night when you go down to the toilets, its surrounded by the mountains,and looks out of this world when lit up at night.

OOOOHH I'm getting all goosepimply and home sick thinking about it[ ;)
Jen:D p,s have website address of hotel somewhere will let you know as soon as. ]

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 20:56:26 PM »
Doll, I spoke to another forum member today who goes there quite often. He says it is really lovely and well worth a visit with delicious food. I am going out in August with two ladies in their sixties (my friends step mother and her friend) and I think I will be taking them here for a couple of meals.  Any more info would be great.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 21:54:29 PM by sue mac »

Offline red_striker

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 02:15:35 AM »
the Rainbow in Hisaronu is very good but there is a better Indian called Shine next to the Rovers Return on the left just after the roundabout at the top where the Monday market is.

There isn't a Thai restaurant in Hisaronu but one of the best Chineses' that I have been to in Turkey is the Dragonara in Hisaronu.

Sorry not been to the Thai in Olu Deniz but I know where it is right on the beach in Belkeciz Hotel which is one of the best Hotels in Olu Deniz so it will be a little bit more expensive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf