Author Topic: Missing Person - Have you seen this man?  (Read 6083 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Missing Person - Have you seen this man?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 19:52:30 PM »
Nothing bigoted about what I said, it's all true.  As an English woman living in Scotland (probably for longer than you did) and having an Irish husband and two Scottish children.  I think I know what is right.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 20:04:27 PM »
Nothing bigoted about what I said, it's all true.  As an English woman living in Scotland (probably for longer than you did) and having an Irish husband and two Scottish children.  I think I know what is right.

Really, not bigoted ?? You take every opportunity to slag off what is probably the most successful British football team ever, and you are not a bigot ??

By the way, born May 30th, 1948, left Scotland May 4th, 1988 !! How does that grip you ??

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 20:57:31 PM »
Going to where the topic has drifted to, I thought this little joke would be Topical (geddit?). Apologies for the cod accent, and if I kiss off any of my tartan friends I make nae apology : :)

Alex Salmond was visiting a Scottish primary school and the class was in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked Mr. Salmond if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'Tragedy'.  So the illustrious SNP leader asked the class for an example of a 'Tragedy'.

A little boy stood up and offered, "If ma best freen, wha’ lives on a ferm, is playin' in the field and a tractor rins ower him and kills him, that wid be a tragedy."

"Incorrect", said Alex, in his best trying-not-to-sound-too-patronising-Scottish-accent, "That would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand, "If a school bus kerryin' fifty children drove ow’r a cliff, killing a'body inside, that wid be a tragedy"

'I'm afraid not', explained Alex, "that's what we would refer to as a great loss’’.

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Alex searched the room.

"Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally, at the back of the room, a wee lad, let's call him H, raised his hand and, in a quiet voice, said: "If a plane kerryin' you and your deputy ' wiz struck by a 'freendly fire' missile & blawn tae smithereens, that wid be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Alex, "and can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Weel", says the lad, "it has tae be a tragedy, because it certainly widnae be a great loss, and it probably widnae be an accident either!"

Offline sadler

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2014, 21:40:29 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jack13

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2014, 21:43:48 PM »
great post ubt and so true. maybe tin helmet time. lol

Offline GordonA

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2014, 22:15:43 PM »
Naw,naw, dinnae fash yersel' aboot yon post, Mr. tickets, ye hut it richt oan the heid as faur as Ah'm concerned onywey !!  ;D 8)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »

Really, not bigoted ?? You take every opportunity to slag off what is probably the most successful British football team ever, and you are not a bigot ??

By the way, born May 30th, 1948, left Scotland May 4th, 1988 !! How does that grip you ??

Point One, Liverpool are still the most successful British Football team.
Point Two,  Does not grip me at all.  I have been in Scotland longer than you and am going nowhere.

Offline GordonA

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 13:48:13 PM »
Point One, Liverpool are still the most successful British Football team.
Point Two,  Does not grip me at all.  I have been in Scotland longer than you and am going nowhere.
[/quote]

Ahem ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_major_honours_won

'Nuff said, and you may be right, you are definitely "going Nowhere" with this particular argument !!!!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 14:21:10 PM »
Ah yes but neither of you have succeeded in winning what was then the World Cup... TWICE ... step forward the lads of West Auckland  Town F.C.  ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 14:31:10 PM »
Geeeeeeez!!! f'ing Football, I ABSOLUTELEY ABHOR FOOTBALL.  How can this activity not sport because no way is this a sport, cause so many nasty evil feelings?  nothing but over paid Prima Donna's who give nothing to society, men who should turn to acting if the injuries on the pitch are to go by, oh I forget, that football thug Vinnie something used his natural abilities to further a new careerer.

Now Jacqui and Gordon get a grip! if anyone needs a slap it is you two!!!!   or better still Admin Ban the pair of them for the sake of sanity. F'ing fed up!!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf