Author Topic: Nicholas Homes Maintenance  (Read 14770 times)

Offline Harmless

Nicholas Homes Maintenance
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »
I think that maybe you should speak to Nicholas themselves, if you are worried as to what is happening in the future.  Rumours are often, just that.

Offline trebor

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 05:29:52 AM »
Hi 'Harmless' - good idea.  I have spoken to them and I was told what I was told.  But I have found that when you ask diferent members of staff the same question - you get different answers unfortunately.  So i is trying to get picture form everyone and see what is what and what is really going on.

But will ask again and report back.  Back soon

All the best 'Minty & Fresh' (see intro area for explanation :-)

Offline trebor

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 12:08:57 PM »
Just received this from Nicholas - what do you think?

":Nicholas maintenance is not being sold. It will become independent from the main group and will be run by the group's UK director. The new company will be called Nicholas Group Property Services (NGPS).

We will be notifying owners of the new company through the newsletters later this year:"

1: If Nicholas maintenance has not changed hands why would it become independent from the main group?

2: Did not know they had UK group office as nics website says they are a ‘UK Agency' - see for yourself http://www.nicholas-homes.com/contact.php  Companies house says that there is only one director for company number 05364935 and nics in turkey is not listed as a shareholder - so UK is not part of the ‘Group':  Is this correct?

3: Not sold and now a new company is being created called NGPS - very confusing isn't it.  What is going on?

4: It appears that the group's UK director is a magician too.  He can be in 2 places at once - running both a UK company and a Turkish one.

5: Summary - not sold, but independent, run by a person living in UK, in charge of a Turkish company (what is the company registered number please), a magician and then a newsletter will tell everyone all about it.

Hang on a second: If there is to be a ‘new company' called NGPS does this mean that personal details are going to be passed on to a third party without owners permission? Surely a breach of Data protection act - what do you think?  http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/ukpga_19980029_en_1

So, if you think you can help - please add your comments.

All the best 'Minty & Fresh'
(otherwise I will have to change my sign off to ‘Confused')

Offline Harmless

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 13:22:07 PM »
I managed a property management department in the UK and we were classed separately, it made more sense for book keeping purposes and of course, our client account was totally separate from that of sales and lettings. So, to have the three arms of the company separate was sensible for accounting purposes if nothing else.   It may just be their wording that is confusing.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 15:18:07 PM »
it's not magic to own two or more companies,nor is it magic to operate two or be a director of two or more companies where this man or woman lives is not important. however I do think it is short sighted of a company like Nicholas to out source it's work ( ie transfers / garden/pools) to third parties and still hold onto it's margin.As third parties wiil try ( and have) to take the business direct thereby cutting out NHM, or punters will look for another source of supply, at present there are many companies looking to do this work independant of a developer which some have worked for and who may have a relationship with the punter. Data protection don't make me laught,they won't and don't do anything in my experience and I have had some.Not sure but I do believe the group is still owned and run by the two brothers who built this company up from scratch and not sure they are selling the maintence business or just appointing a  director of operations, as I don't think anyone except the two brothers are full board directors
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 15:26:31 PM by c1 »

Offline Dempava

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 20:48:00 PM »
Had you been drinking Trebor when you typed that post? You confused yourself and anyone who read it!! :) :)

Offline Dempava

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 16:53:31 PM »
Just got an E-Mail from NH as have all the other owners on Chateaux complex stating they want another £300.28 each imediately!! as they have run out of money for this complexs maintenance. There's only just over  5 weeks left of the season!!!!!

Have any other complex owners received a similar E-Mail?

Offline normbosh

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 17:59:54 PM »
YES brooklands 1 HISSY £243

Offline penny

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 18:11:59 PM »
yes oaklands £52

Offline markaren

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 19:18:10 PM »
Yes Oaklands £91 and a bit!!!! apparently this is because we have more bedrooms!!!! just sent them an email telling them that they shouldnt have taken 10% at the beginning of the year without agreeing it with the owners first and to also back up their claims with a current statment and copies of all costs so far to date. Dont think its too much to ask!!! :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf