Author Topic: Jiva Beach resort  (Read 10197 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Jiva Beach resort
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 21:25:39 PM »
and it's costing £1000 each!

For how long Cavfan ?

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 21:34:56 PM »
I think for 10 days, so for AI not bad I don't suppose! Though it cost us that for 2 at the Manas Park ! Not quite the same .....

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 21:50:06 PM »
I couple of good nights in Scarlett in the old days would have made a big hole in that   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 23:37:46 PM »

The only thing I would say, as an A.I. It is not good for the local restaurants as everyone eats in.

Great.  Chuck in an unessesary negative comment to a topic that has been overwhelmingly positive regarding a local hotel. You really think they don't know it's AI?

Posting for sake of posting comes to mind.

JF

Forums are about opinions.  We all have them.  I am sure a lot of people worry about A.I's. We stayed at the Letoonia on our first visit to the area.  We did go out every day.   However, lots did not.  We spoke to one couple who had never left the place in two weeks.   The area needs visitors and needs people to use the restaurants.  It is natural to worry about this.
I have read a lot of reviews of the Jiva and the Sensatori  they are very good, but lots say you never need to leave or spend any money.  One man advised that all you need is money for a newspaper every morning.
As an Admnistrator you certainly are not encouraging  members and particularly new ones to post, because if they do not agree with your opinion or your views on a posting they will be castigated.   

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 08:42:48 AM »
Forums are all about opinions and, in my opinion, your post was unnecessarily negative in a topic that was on the whole positive about the Jiva. 

So what if folks don't want to leave the resort, that's their choice - even if you personally don't agree with it.  Its up to local businesses and restaurants to raise their game and attract AI visitors to visit and spend money. 

As regards your last sentence, even if that were the case (which it's not), pot & kettle come to mind over someone disagreeing with a members views or having a different opinion on a subject...

JF

Offline marina

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 10:21:57 AM »
AI's aren't our choice either, we stay either B & B or an apartment and eat out all the time  We'd also go stir crazy not leaving a complex for two weeks to get out and about and see other places.  However, they are very popular and if people want to pay their hard earned cash to stay in them that's entirely their choice. 

All the positive comments on here about Jiva show they are doing something right and are attracting visitors.  Some won't go anywhere else, some will venture out and eat elsewhere.  I agree with JohnF it's down to the  restaurants and establishments in Calis, especially the ones on the prom, to up their game and attract these people.   But whether you like it or not AI's are popular.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 10:34:41 AM »
We've had a few friends from the UK stay at the Jiva Beach and their feedback has been very positive.

A friend who runs a restaurant locally said they had quite a few nights in early/late season this year when they had a lot of diners who were staying there. One thought was that because the hotel was offering such cheap deals at the time (due to the lack of tourists) they were actually being encouraged to eat off-complex to save food/drink costs to the hotel.
I have no idea if this is true or not, but one couple we know said the staff were quite keen to tell them about facilities and restaurants in the area that they could visit.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 12:54:24 PM »
During the summer I met three couples who were staying  there and all of them said how wonderful it was with excellent staff and really  good food .One lady was disabled and in a wheelchair and she said they were so helpful to her in every way so it sounds like it is getting a very good reputation .

I think we met the same couple with their old mum. She really struggled to get on the bus which took us up to Kings Garden. They loved the place.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 14:54:33 PM »
We had a great  two day AI   deal last May at Jiva Beach resort...  and I agree with all the above positive comments, also it was excellent value at £27 each per day  !!!!!   but for us two days is enough.... the food being why  :P  its almost continuous  throughout the day   it seems... all those tempting dishes etc...  be prepared to gain a lot of weight if you stay longer   : :)  but lovely as a  `short` break .. for us anyway .
Also,   80%  of guests there were turkish .... and why not ?    its their country  ;D   english   guests were in a minority for once   :o

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 19:05:22 PM »
On the number of visits we paid to turkey this year and staying in sunset we would have noticed alot of jiva beach guests (wrist bands a bit of a give away ) out and about in bars/restaurants think the big difference with jiva against other AI You aren't located in the middle of now where relying on transport to get you to Calis or Fethiye like many of the other AI Resorts -as they say Horses for courses

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf