Author Topic: Jiva Beach resort  (Read 10182 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Jiva Beach resort
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 08:58:37 AM »
Tell the Hotel that you had a cheaper offer and can they beat it...bet they will.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »
Thanks looked at booking .com and emailed the hotel directly the hotel where £6 dearer  I like to try to make sure the money goes directly in to the local economy so if I do book it will be direct especially when there's not that much difference

In the uk nicking.com charge hotels and guest houses 17% on each booking.

I've stopped using them and now go direct to the hotel. I usually check the prices and what's on offer first. Most will respond favourably if you email them.

We paid the same price direct as we would have with nicking.com in London on NYE. However we got a full eat all you can English thrown in by going direct. £17 each saved.

I won't use them again after they managed to mess up our New Year's Eve booking. We booked a 2 bed apartment back in May for £400 and it was mysteriously cancelled about six weeks before we were due to go.

They told us the owner had stopped renting it yet when I checked later I could book from 2nd Jan no problem. I think they just realised they could get more money than we paid. Nicking.com weren't interested in helping us at all. They've lost all my business from then on an to be honest you can do better direct.

Offline Yoshi

• Newly Registered
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2017, 11:00:55 AM »
I usually book all my hotels with Sunshine.co.uk including Jiva.
They always come out cheaper than everyone else and you only pay a £1 deposit meaning that should you find it cheaper, change your mind or the price drops you can cancel and only lose you £1.
They have used them for years and they have always been reliable.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 16:45:43 PM »
Oh yes I forgot about Sunshine they are fab, in fact I am now thinking maybe our booking for the Jiva was thru Sunshine oops...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf