Author Topic: Longest serving Calis worker  (Read 14548 times)

Offline Sandra48

• Newly Registered
Re: Longest serving Calis worker
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2017, 16:14:01 PM »
Yes the little guy who has the shop just up from the Letoon has been there at least 20 years.  We first met him when we used to stay at the Letoon and used to visit every day and always buy our drinks and ice-creams from him, and even though we no longer stay at the Letoon we always make a point of going to visit him.  He would have to be one of the nicest people in Calis and is at his shop from first thing in the morning to last thing at night, funnily enough after all these years I don't know his name, but I know him and his family live above the shop.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2017, 20:27:05 PM »
I'm wading into this one , I'll see your chap near the Letoon, and raise you with someone who was there on our first visit in 1988 , the 'little man' in the shop on the corner opposite to the Eroz. ' Gul' market. Now I don't know if this will qualify as in fairness he has moved as his shop was originally under the then Kumsal pension which became the Harem and he moved and expanded to his current location ! However he's been a purveyor of 'essentials' since we first arrived!

Offline Phil

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2017, 09:09:34 AM »
Yes – I had thought of the guy at the Gul myself........ under the founding rules of the poll he would be disallowed, but I have now signed an Executive Order which has amended the rules. Business owners ( or their staff ) who have moved premises ONLY, but have continued to trade under the same name are now allowed.

This would allow the Cafe Pazaar to compete, but I think the Guy at the Gul might be the leader.

( I still think Bayram at the Hamsi Bar ( next to the Mutlu ) is a contender..... any one got any verified dates for him ? )

Offline philrose

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2017, 11:11:17 AM »
Bayram was certainly there in the late 90's (98 I think was the first time we called in).

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2017, 13:24:40 PM »
The big guy who owns Ayden Pide (cant remember his name) on the roundabout plus the 2 brothers who have the corner shop on the other side of the roundabout i have been using both for 12 years now

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2017, 22:28:55 PM »
The big guy is Cem/Jimmy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2017, 09:38:15 AM »
That's him seems a nice guy even when I haven't used his place for a wile always says hi or waves

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2017, 19:38:53 PM »
Bayram is slightly later than Gul man but not much!

Offline Phil

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »
Another character of long standing came to mind........ The rather fine gentlemen ( whose name I can never recall ) who owns the Bambu Bar and the hotel next door ( the Aytur, I think).

His daughter, Fidan, currently runs the Bambu but her dad was there for a very long time.

He is unfortunately disallowed from this award as he is now practically retired and can’t be said to be still working.

However, I think he would qualify for the Academy’s Lifelong Achievement award.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf