Author Topic: WARNING!!! Dogs being poisoned.  (Read 10590 times)

Offline CleopatrasAsp

• Irish by birth, Geordie by marriage!
WARNING!!! Dogs being poisoned.
« on: February 07, 2017, 18:43:12 PM »
Information for Calis residents -DO NOT TAKE YOUR DOGS DOWN TO CALIS BEACH .
3 dogs have been poisoned by someone putting down poisoned fish .... Please be careful as the poison is very strong.

Offline grizabella

Re: WARNING!!! Dogs being poisoned.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 19:08:34 PM »
One,owned dog has already died and the other two are at the vets having treatment.Animal Aid volunteers have been scouring the bins on the prom after reports that poisoned fish was placed in one of them.Another volunteer has taken in 3 street dogs,who live on the beach,into her home as a place of safety for tonight.The Government Vet has been informed by Emre Kangal the vet in charge of the Animal Shelter in Çatarlarık.Please if taking your dog into this area,keep it on a leash and do not let it eat anything lying around.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 20:20:41 PM »
I read this on the Animal Aid F.B. Page and also from one of the members.  I think it is so horrible to make animals suffer by poisoning them. 
Glad the word is out on CBF.   I wish the Animal Aid would come back and post here too.    ;)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 16:20:31 PM »
Again

Offline WendyA

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 18:58:40 PM »
I was also going to post about this. The dog that has died so far was a beautiful golden retriever, a loved pet. It was being cared for by friends whilst the owner is in Antalya caring for a dying parent - it's just awful. There have also been cats poisoned near Huzerevi. Those of you with pets in the area take care and I'm very pleased we brought a rescued street cat back to the UK with us in September. He used to visit the villa and now I know he has so much better a life here.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 20:50:15 PM »

Glad the word is out on CBF.   I wish the Animal Aid would come back and post here too.      ;)

You would think that with news as grave as this that they would have been posting warnings wherever they could, not just CBF.

All dog owners/lovers need this heads up - and not all dog lovers are on Facebook. A 5 second copy & paste of whatever they post on FB would be all it takes, not half an hour's work. You would imagine that to be time well spent if it saved a single dog's life - but incredbly they don't have time according to one of them on Facebook.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 21:49:18 PM »
I agree Scunner.  Andy was great at posting for A.A.  The information was always well received.  I think A.A. are particularly missing out on their Charity Events by not posting here.  F.B. Seems to attract mostly ex-pats and there are many tourists who visit Calis regularly and are members here who would visit their Charity events and also,I am sure, donate generously to them, if they knew they existed and saw adverts for them here on CBF.  Some of the stories on F.B are heart breaking and I know CBF has some great members who would help out with donations if they got the chance.
I read recently A.A are in financial difficulty and if I was on the committee for A.A. I would be taking every free avenue I could to advertise and raise some funds.  It would take minutes to copy and paste from F.B to CBF.

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 22:41:51 PM »
Animal Aid are stretched almost to breaking point at the moment.    Though not an Animal Aid volunteer, I am a supporter and will endeavour wherever possible to let folks know on here of forthcoming events in the charities section.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 23:26:24 PM »
Animal Aid are stretched almost to breaking point at the moment.   

My heart bleeds for them.

Someone made a choice in respect of how they communicate with supporters etc.  Wrong....

JF

Offline CleopatrasAsp

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 00:11:02 AM »
Animal Aid are stretched almost to breaking point at the moment.   

My heart bleeds for them.

Someone made a choice in respect of how they communicate with supporters etc.  Wrong....

JF
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm responding to Scunner and Jacquie's remarks by offering to post AA's forthcoming events as and when they occur. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf