Author Topic: WARNING!!! Dogs being poisoned.  (Read 10589 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: WARNING!!! Dogs being poisoned.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 00:31:02 AM »
Shouldn't be down to you.

They (AA that is) were treated very well on here for years, and quite rightly so - now they cant be arsed to make a post on a subject as important as this...?

JF

Offline newmoon

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »
Another cat found  Foca, 1042 street Just 200 meters  away from the foca cemetary. looks to have been poisoned. :( x

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 12:02:33 PM »
I know A.A are stretched, I did ask them on F.B why they stopped posting on CBF.  They said most of their members post on F.B.  However, the posts on F.B are for Ex-pats and they show pictures of dogs and cats that are missing in the area and ask residents to look out for them.  They also get postings from ex-pats in the area with requests to pick up dogs or cats that are in difficuties.  I can see this would not be as helpful on CBF as a lot of members here live in the U.K.   

Lets look at the bigger picture though. No need for these sort of posts on CBF. This would save a lot of posting time.  Best to use CBF to show what work is being done by A.A and to advise members of the Charity Shop and it's opening hours (one post as a sticky would be good for these subjects). After this advise members of events and perhaps, every so often, ask for donations for treatment for an injured animal.(As they do on F.B.)  This is not going to take up much time, as these posting  can be copied and pasted from F.B.

Lots of CBF members (which means many in the U.K) help the local Fethiye/Calis  Charities with donations to the Charities Shops and also with monetary donations.  They also turn out at events when they are over and they donate online.  Many of these members who  live in the U.K would know nothing of what is happening in the Fethiye/Calis area without the great information on CBF and there are many members here who are extremely generous with donations.   I knew nothing of the 3C's and only got involved with them because of their publicity on CBF.   I would suggest that not many people from the U.K are going to just fall upon A.A on F.B.

I recently donated to a run to raise funds for A.A.  This was only advertised on F.B. I have seen images on A.A's  F.B. Pages asking for donations for injuried animal and I have donated, Many members here on CBF are not members of F.B.  I am sure a copy and paste here on CBF would also get donations too.   

A.A are in financial trouble.  I read a recent post on F.B  That A.A have borrowed money which has to be paid back.  The situation is so serious that there was a warning that A.A could close down. Surely in this desperate situation posting to any free websites would be an excellent idea.   It is really so kind an thoughtful that Scunner offers free postings to Charities on CBF.  IMHO this should be taken advantage of.

Very kind of you Cleo to help, but I agree (for once) with John.

Offline newmoon

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »

Hello to all my friends and family I would like you to help me raise funds for our Local Animal Charity.
The Charity is called ANIMAL AID this charity is funded purely by donations and the help of volunteers spending many hours raising funds by holding Events such as Quiz Nights , Tale Top Sales and Event Nights we have no help from the Council what so ever . The local animal shelter run by the council have over 150 dogs at the shelter currently which is too many and recently been releasing the dogs from the shelter onto the streets and the beach, but as you can imagine have no road sense and a lot have been involved involved in road traffic accidents, ALL the Vets Bills are funded by ANIMAL AID, they have no food or care so ANIMAL AID feed and cares for these poor animals, Many other animals mainly dogs are actually dumped by their owners too, when they no longer want them 

it's heartbreaking to see these poor defenceless animals just dumped and walking around wondering what's going on, most of them have wonderful temperaments and just want Love, our volunteers work day in and day out trying to help these poor animals by feeding them and taking the ones involved with road traffic accidents, abused and neglected to the vets it's none stop, you wouldn't believe some of the cases the volunteers have had.
As an example, recently they had to attend to a poor little dog that had hot tar poured over him after lots of baths to remove most of the tar it was discovered he had burns due to the hot tar , one of the volunteers took him home to care for him and after weeks and weeks of special care he is now recovering well, but there are many more cases like this, and foster carers are so hard to find.
Here's one example of what our costs are just for one month we have a vets bill of 6885 Turkish lira = £1530 pounds food bill for the cats and dogs 5237 Turkish lira = £1163.77 pounds so with the ever depleting funds combined with the vets and food bills means we have no option but to reach out for help so please please would you all help me raise some funds for ANIMAL AID to enable them to continue doing the fantastic work they….
Any amount will help and we ALL and most especially the animals would be so so grateful, please go to my go fund me page and please donate thank you so so much xx Hello to all my friends and family I would like you to help me raise funds for our Local Animal Charity.
The Charity is called ANIMAL AID this charity is funded purely by donations and the help of volunteers spending many hours raising funds by holding Events such as Quiz Nights , Tale Top Sales and Event Nights we have no help from the Council what so ever . The local animal shelter run by the council have over 150 dogs at the shelter currently which is too many and recently been releasing the dogs from the shelter onto the streets and the beach, but as you can imagine have no road sense and a lot have been involved involved in road traffic accidents, ALL the Vets Bills are funded by ANIMAL AID, they have no food or care so ANIMAL AID feed and cares for these poor animals, Many other animals mainly dogs are actually dumped by their owners too, when they no longer want them 

it's heartbreaking to see these poor defenceless animals just dumped and walking around wondering what's going on, most of them have wonderful temperaments and just want Love, our volunteers work day in and day out trying to help these poor animals by feeding them and taking the ones involved with road traffic accidents, abused and neglected to the vets it's none stop, you wouldn't believe some of the cases the volunteers have had.
As an example, recently they had to attend to a poor little dog that had hot tar poured over him after lots of baths to remove most of the tar it was discovered he had burns due to the hot tar , one of the volunteers took him home to care for him and after weeks and weeks of special care he is now recovering well, but there are many more cases like this, and foster carers are so hard to find.
Here's one example of what our costs are just for one month we have a vets bill of 6885 Turkish lira = £1530 pounds food bill for the cats and dogs 5237 Turkish lira = £1163.77 pounds so with the ever depleting funds combined with the vets and food bills means we have no option but to reach out for help so please please would you all help me raise some funds for ANIMAL AID to enable them to continue doing the fantastic work they….
Any amount will help and we ALL and most especially the animals would be so so grateful, please go to my go fund me page and please donate thank you so so much xx     If you go to the Gofundme page and type Rita Turner on the search it will show you my Help me and my Local Animal Charity. Thank you x

Offline newmoon

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 13:44:41 PM »
Sorry I have wrote this twice, please can someone tell me how to edit this please Thank you x

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 17:12:32 PM »
I live in the UK and use both FB and keep up with posts on CBF. I have been supporting Animal Aid Fethiye for years and I'm appalled by some of the comments on here. Perhaps some of those who have the time to write and  complain about AA not posting on CBF rather than write posts on here try contacting AA to volunteer to do the posting. I am sure they will be more than grateful for all the help they can get at the moment especially as the volunteers are run ragged dealing with injured and abandoned dogs and now poisoned cats. Also no good saying what Andy used to do, he and his wife used to do a brilliant job but they have left Turkey and AA now have to try and get on without his help. All I can say is from what I see AA are doing the best job they can in the circumstances and with the limited funds they have so could do with all the help they can get . This sort of criticism must be so disheartening for them. Rant over! 

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2017, 17:37:06 PM »
I live in the UK and use both FB and keep up with posts on CBF. I have been supporting Animal Aid Fethiye for years and I'm appalled by some of the comments on here. Perhaps some of those who have the time to write and  complain about AA not posting on CBF rather than write posts on here try contacting AA to volunteer to do the posting.

Why don't you do it rather than writing posts about how appalled you are about it

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2017, 17:58:12 PM »
I'm appalled by some of the comments on here. Perhaps some of those who have the time to write and  complain about AA not posting on CBF rather than write posts on here try contacting AA to volunteer to do the posting. I am sure they will be more than grateful for all the help they can get at the moment especially as the volunteers are run ragged dealing with injured and abandoned dogs and now poisoned cats.

Just because someone does not want to volunteer they are still a) allowed an opinion, and b) allowed to post it on here - just as AA are still allowed to post on here...

Maybe you'llwant to take up Keiths suggestion? 

JF

Offline suec

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 06:08:01 AM »
I am a member of AA and can assure people that missing CBF was not done intentionally ... There was panic and lots of people were copying posts . As the one that was originally posted . That was my post that was copied and pasted by someone .
I can say yes AA are run off their feet , not enough volunteers to do all the things that need doing ... Not enough volunteers to the admin , street feeding , pod feeding , vet runs which amounts to a lot and only 2 or 3 people to do this .. Only a couple of people with cars . The few volunteers that there are are struggling to cope with the amount of injured , abandonded and hungry animals out there and now this ...
Please try and put yourself in one of the volunteers positions .. There were  volunteers out scouring the beach and bins as soon as the news of the poisonings were out ... Not many because there aren't many but they were out there well into the night .. I was one of them with my husband and another volunteer . Others had been out earlier ... The following days hours spent trying to find out more and trying to contact the powers that be ....
I know how frustrating and upsetting it is when you are struggling to get everything done that you want to but can't because there are not enough people to help ...
AA do get ripped apart a lot of the time but I can say hand on heart that we are doing the best we can with what we have ... Yes funds are depleting quicker than they are coming in ... Not enough helpers ... It's heartbreaking reading comments that put AA down ... But it's more heartbreaking knowing that you are doing everything in your power to help and knowing with more help from the public you could get so much more done ...
If anyone reading this has a couple of hours ... Only one day a week .... Has a car and would be willing to help take Ill  and injured animals  to the vets .... Has spare time to help on admin ... Has time to go out on the street maybe just one day in the week to help trap neuter and keep an animal over night to be returned to the street the following day ... Or just go out daily on the streets to feed the many many hungry animals .....  Has room to foster( as most of the volunteers do ) the very ill of badly injured ..
Im sorry for going on but a hand ful of people are faced with this every day ...
Please help us don't knock us down ..
Now I know we can post on here events and appeals I will ... Please help us ... Don't knock us ..

Offline grizabella

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 07:17:52 AM »
When Andy and Pauline left there was a huge vacuum to fill and unfortunately our admin was depleted and we inadvertantly omitted to post on the CBF site.This resulted in AA being removed from the charity pages.Hence the lack of postings.AA are trying there best to help the street animals of Fethiye and Çaliş.Although we agree everyone has a right to have their own opinions It is so disheartening and upsetting to read the negative comments when our volunteers are out most days rescuing injured animals,trips to the shelter for the neutering,raising much needed funds,fostering,street animal feeding etc plus the daily admin of checking the face book pages and answering private messages.Most of our volunteers are retired people who are now working harder than they did when they were working.Dont get me wrong I love what I do for the animals and wouldnt have it any other way but some of these comments are unnecessary and untrue.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf