Author Topic: WARNING!!! Dogs being poisoned.  (Read 10598 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: WARNING!!! Dogs being poisoned.
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 09:32:06 AM »
Grizabella,  Can you clarify for me, which comments are unnecessary and untrue please.?

I will explain my concern.... In October, we had an injured cat at our place, I contacted A.A. Offered to take the cat to the vet, offered to pay all it's medical fees, offered also a donation when it was done.   I then established a contact with A.A to discuss the cat by  joining the A.A. F.B. Pages.  I was frankly so shocked at what was going on with animals in the area (and also so pleased to see they were being helped).  I had no idea of the extend of the work going on and the funding needed. I was not aware of the A.A. F.B. Page, why would i be?  It seems most of the members of this page live in Calis/Fethiye.  I did then make donations to A.A. Something I would not have done basically because I was totally unaware of the dire straits they are in.
I did remember that Scunner had announced that A.A no longer wanted to post on CBF and so, he was removing their  page.
My whole point in posting here was my concern that CBF members did not know what was going on re the animals in the Calis/Fethiye area and like me, if they found out they may donate. 
I am surprised and disappointed that A.A members are now coming here with long threads about all the work A.A does and how it is run off it's feet and think that postings on here are unfair.   
I posted to make members of CBF aware and hoped it would make A.A think again about the wonderful free publicity offered here to them by Scunner.   At no time was I criticising the work being done by A.A.     

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 11:09:57 AM »
I doubt there's anyone on here who isn't aware of the good work AA do.

It won't make any great difference to CBF if they post on here or not. It might make a critical difference to someone with a pet though.

I assumed that would be important.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 16:45:43 PM »

There is obviously an urgent need for help and funds in the area, if someone can give the details to make a

donation I will send £10 to help out. It's wonderful that these volunteers are giving all their time to help the animals.

Thank you to all of them.

Offline newmoon

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 17:29:58 PM »
Kevin that's nice of you, if only we had more people like you, if you look above in the post you will see I'm doing a go fund me page for AA my name is at the bottom of the post Thank you x

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 18:53:15 PM »
From time to time the negativity and aggression shown to one another on this site when people should really be pulling together really saddens me. Is it really so difficult to put your opinions to one side and get the animals the help they need.
karen

Offline newmoon

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 19:29:13 PM »
Hello to all Members please will you help me raise funds for our Local Animal Charity. If you go to ....gofundme and type in Rita Turner you will see my donation page, its called help me and my local animal shelter, every pound will help these poor animals so much.
The Charity is called ANIMAL AID this charity is funded purely by donations and the help of volunteers spending many hours raising funds by holding Events such as Quiz Nights , Tale Top Sales and Event Nights we have no help from the Council what so ever . The local animal shelter run by the council have over 150 dogs at the shelter currently which is too many and recently been releasing the dogs from the shelter onto the streets and the beach, but as you can imagine have no road sense and a lot have been involved involved in road traffic accidents, ALL the Vets Bills are funded by ANIMAL AID, they have no food or care so ANIMAL AID feed and cares for these poor animals, Many other animals mainly dogs are actually dumped by their owners too, when they no longer want them 

it's heartbreaking to see these poor defenceless animals just dumped and walking around wondering what's going on, most of them have wonderful temperaments and just want Love, our volunteers work day in and day out trying to help these poor animals by feeding them and taking the ones involved with road traffic accidents, abused and neglected to the vets it's none stop, you wouldn't believe some of the cases the volunteers have had.
As an example, recently they had to attend to a poor little dog that had hot tar poured over him after lots of baths to remove most of the tar it was discovered he had burns due to the hot tar , one of the volunteers took him home to care for him and after weeks and weeks of special care he is now recovering well, but there are many more cases like this, and foster carers are so hard to find.
Here's one example of what our costs are just for one month we have a vets bill of 6885 Turkish lira = £1530 pounds food bill for the cats and dogs 5237 Turkish lira = £1163.77 pounds so with the ever depleting funds combined with the vets and food bills means we have no option but to reach out for help so please please would you all help me raise some funds for ANIMAL AID to enable them to continue doing the fantastic work they….
Any amount will help and we ALL and most especially the animals would be so so grateful, please go to my go fund me page and please donate thank you so so much xx

Offline newmoon

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 19:34:01 PM »

Please please help these poor animals, now is the time they really do need our help, lets put the past behind us and do it for the animals, please donate to my go fund me page for these poor animals Thank you so much xx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 19:54:49 PM »
From time to time the negativity and aggression shown to one another on this site when people should really be pulling together really saddens me. Is it really so difficult to put your opinions to one side and get the animals the help they need.
karen

If they bothered to tell members what they are doing to raise money to help the animals we wouldn't even have this topic - I can't see any negativity towards AA at all -we are trying to help them and always have!!

We gave them their own section on CBF. They used to post when they were absolutely desperate for a foster carer for a poorly mutt, or when they had a fundraising event. Then they stopped posting on CBF when they were "desperate" - recently they ran out of money.

No matter how desperately they needed a carer, or how much they needed to publicise an event to raise money, it was never desperate enough to bother to copy their FB post (a 20 second job) onto CBF. We have many caring and benevolent members here who will give cash - and aren't on Facebook so have no idea what the latest issue is, so much needed cash s not donated. How does that make sense?

I see photos of beloved pet cats, dead - poisoned on the streets of Calis on Facebook - and still, not a word to warn people on Calis Beach forum.

I can't "put my opinions to one side".  You either want to use every channel available to you to get important news out...or for some inexplicable reason, you don't.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 20:34:04 PM »
I agree with what you are saying Keith and I don't have the answers to why they have not posted on here, which is such a shame. 
That said, it seems that members cant help but have a swipe at one another when its not necessary or helpful.
I have been a member almost from the start of this forum and it never used to be like this, We would of united as a community to help the cause needed, instead I feel like I'm doing just the same now and have to justify my post so I'll park there as it wont be helpful to the cause.

karen

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 20:49:22 PM »
I hear what you say Karen but we still get wholly behind a good cause as a community, just like we did in the early days.  Including AA causes until not so long back. I guess it's hard for a forum to get together as one behind a cause who long since packed up their bag, left, and never once since came to tell us what their latest cause is.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf