Author Topic: Wood burner  (Read 1626 times)

Offline jimmy123

• Newly Registered
Wood burner
« on: February 11, 2017, 16:08:34 PM »
Hi can any one tell me where I can get a wood burner fitted in cal is and how much it might cost .thanks

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Wood burner
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 16:17:56 PM »
You'll need to be a bit more specific. Do you want it for heating, cooking or both ? Have you got a chimney where you want it installing ?

Offline jackstee

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 07:15:00 AM »
There is a company advertising in the local free paper

We purchased a large one had it fully fitted including a new chimney being built.

It can be adapted to heat water but we found we didn't need it.

Full cost was around 1400 pounds but smaller units can be purchased for half of this.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »
Just in case you haven't made a firm decision....we had a wood-burner at the old house, but having just moved we've bought a soba and much prefer it.

It has an oven big enough for a roast or casserole, and space on the top that's great for making soup etc, keeping a jug of water hot, and making çay (all at the same time).

Including the pipes, two large buckets for burning the wood, the tray, a clothes-rack thing and a big water jug, it cost us 450 lira.
Installing it was a doddle - just slotted the pipes together, stuck one end in the chimney hole and the other in the soba. (We did have a friend on hand to help, but didn't actually need him.)

The soba uses about a third of the amount of wood that the wood-burner did, keeps the place much warmer and is more useful. I love it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf