Author Topic: Building during summer months?  (Read 2157 times)

Offline danemmi

Building during summer months?
« on: February 12, 2017, 20:38:35 PM »
Are there any rules regarding building work during the summer months.Thereis going to be building work on new premises next to us,i do not want to spend money  on flights if the holiday will be ruined.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Building during summer months?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 21:17:33 PM »
As far as I know there is suppose to be no building in the Summer months I think from May until October, (not too sure of the time scale). If builders work during Summer they are fined.  However, the fine is small, so they pay it and continue. 
Houses were being build behind us. We were over May and June and then end of September through October, building was going on all the time.  However, we were lucky as the main structures were up, so it was just internal work and gardening, although some of it was noisy. 

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 22:30:45 PM »
I believe that work is only restricted in designated tourist areas, hence this will apply to very few holiday home owners, as their properties are in designated residential zones

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 22:44:14 PM »
I believe that work is only restricted in designated tourist areas

Pretty much sums it up.  However, I don't know if its the same in Fethiye but I know some local councils round the corner (so to speak) give "special permissions" for builds to carry on throughout the summer, irrespective of how the site is zoned.  I believe the applications forms come with their own, stamped & addressed, shoebox...

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf