Author Topic: Check your flight times for last week in October  (Read 3377 times)

Offline davidzz

Check your flight times for last week in October
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 20:07:00 PM »
I did not say that the flight times will have changed but that they will appear an hour earlier as Britain and Turkey will have put their clocks back by an hour. This means that flight times will be shown in GMT and Turkey standard time to ensure the flights depart and arrive at the same real time. The scheduled times are not based on Britain and Turkey alone. Just because we have put our clocks back does not mean that the whole flight schedule can be changed.
ie if originaly booked for 6 pm it will still fly at the same real time ( but this is now 5p.m. GMT)
 Your tickets will show the correct local time but it may be different to what you booked.
All I am doing is giving advice to those travelling to check their tickets and don't miss the plane. :)

David

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 20:37:31 PM »
I am really grateful for your advice David, as I had not even given that a thought! Sorry I am just really confused and in desparate need of my holiday so dont want to miss my flight!
Thanks again for the warning.

Offline Foosey

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 23:04:09 PM »
Surely this cannot be correct ( I may be wrong, it has been known before) So basically your saying until the clocks are put forward an hour next year all the flight times on the tickets will be an hour ahead of the time the flight is actually flying?

Offline davidzz

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 09:57:50 AM »
quote:
Surely this cannot be correct ( I may be wrong, it has been known before) So basically your saying until the clocks are put forward an hour next year all the flight times on the tickets will be an hour ahead of the time the flight is actually flying?

I never said that, I only mention summer flights not winter flights.
When the booking was made it was shown at Daylight saving time (BST)but the tickets will show the correct local time ie GMT or turkey standard time. Use the time on your tickets, the reason I have mentioned this is in case people have made arrangements to be at the airport at a certain time they need to check their flight tickets.

David

quote:
British summer time ends one week before the summer season flights so for summer flights after 23/10 they will appear an hour earlier than originally booked but this is because it will be GMT.

David

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 18:47:12 PM »
We're flying out of Manchester on Saturday night at 9.30 pm.  Allowing four hours for the flight takes us to 1.30am Sunday morning, add on the two hours time difference, means we should arrive at Dalaman at around 3.30am, which is what our revised ticket shows.   :)  (There was no change to the times of the outward flight on the revised ticket, only on the return journey.)

However, if the clocks change at 1am on Sunday morning, should we not arrive at 2.30 am instead?   :o 8)[^]

Sounds confusing - just need to sort it out because of our pick up at Dalaman!   :-\

(Our return flights, a week later, have been amended accordingly, and now leave an hour earlier than when originally booked.  :( )
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 18:52:35 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 20:55:24 PM »
Sounds like pain,anyone seen any cheap flights for next week LGW-DLM on the 23 Oct-30,31,1,2.
   Dont you just hate that all flights go on school holls.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 22:04:11 PM »
That's cos lots of us work in schools, savoyboy!!   :o :-\:P

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 22:14:43 PM »

Yes my partner for one.:D anyone else here work for schools?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 22:17:07 PM by savoyboy »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 05:00:47 AM »
Yes I work at a school and it is a right pain knowing we have to pay more for flights because of our jobs!
Travel Republic have a flight on 24th October for nine nights £233 per person includes luggage which is not too bad for school holiday time.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »
quote:
However, if the clocks change at 1am on Sunday morning, should we not arrive at 2.30 am instead?

In Turkey the clocks go back one hour at 4.00 am next Sunday not 2.00 am as in the UK. So anyone due to arrive before 4.00 am local time will have that on their tickets

http://t.startedm.com/b/d1exiui0zmlaa/h26m0esh414um/a.jcud5y3rhe622
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:23:18 AM by Chinook »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf