Author Topic: Onur airways cancel all summer flights  (Read 6785 times)

Offline amanda bullock

Onur airways cancel all summer flights
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2010, 12:07:46 PM »
now now boys!!  :)  x

Offline pasha

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2010, 22:02:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Perhaps they are being clever and that's why they can keep their prices down.
By booking last June any interest I've lost in the UK is zilch.
If I booked now I could nowhere near get the prices I got.
Finally the changed they have made to my flights are absolutely inconsequential .
If they keep "being clever" I will keep using them
Edited by - kenkay on 22 March 2010 22:59:18

Perhaps one day they will cancel your flight and it won't suit you.

And no other airlines can do that[?][?]

The difference is that UK (EEC) based ailines have to offer an alternative or compensation.

Onur being Turkey based are not obliged to do so. I was stranded here in Turkey a couple of years ago in the winter by Onur after they cancelled my flight with just 5 days to go.

The only alternative was a Turkish Airlines flight via Istanbul @ circa £285.00. I had paid Onur £90.00, which was all they were prepared to pay me.

Luckily I did not have any urgency to return to the UK, some people did and had to fork out another £195.00 per person. [:(!]

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2010, 22:45:20 PM »
I am not sure of the legal implications but I do not book flights with Onur Air. I book with Aegean Flights Ltd who are the "flight only" division of H4U. They are not Turkish. I had one Onur cancellation in October 2007 and Aegean sorted it admirably. My two changes to Pegasus this year have come via Aegean. I'm quite sure that Aegean must be bound by the same legislation as other UK (EEC) air lines.
 In fact just checked my Aegean invoice - ABTA No W5306. Also ATOL protected No4097.

Offline pasha

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 10:13:36 AM »
From the Aegean "Small Print", as you can see they can cancel your flight if the airline pulls out, with just a refund of monies paid, or find you an alternative, but you will have to pay the difference. (£195.00 in my case.)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are not responsible for changes beyond our control, such as technical or maintenance problems with means of transportation, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of flights by an airline or main charterer, war or threat of war, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural disasters, bad weather or terrorist activity. Compensation arrangements do not apply in these circumstances

7. If We Cancel Your Flight: We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your flights. However, in no case will we cancel your flight less than 2 months before the scheduled departure date unless it is for reasons outlined in the Important Note above or for late or non-payment by you. If we have to cancel your flight (for reasons other than those beyond our control or for late or non-payment by you), we will offer you either: (i) an alternative flight of comparable type, though if the alternative offered is at an additional cost, the difference will be payable by you and any "No Surcharge Guarantee" on the original booking will not apply, or (ii) a full refund of all moneys paid. In either case, this will be the only recompense due to you.

Offline dksbbs

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 23:18:12 PM »
Just checked our flights, still with Onur Air outbound on the 30th July Manchester to Dalaman, Return flight on the 16th August moved to Pegasus two hours later, I have emailed Aegean to ask why.

Dave

Offline DavidNicholson

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
"""""" Operational reasons """""""

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf