Author Topic: Security Changes at Dalaman  (Read 5004 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Security Changes at Dalaman
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 19:31:31 PM »
Hi, Kanga, there is a table of cold snacks, biscuits, cakes etc., tea and coffee, water and soft drinks.  If your kids use it, tell them to ask for hot food.  When we arrived there was no hot food and we went to ask.  I remembered the Turkish word for hot, and immediately the girls told us they would ring the kitchen and order.  We got  two huge chicken burgers and chips, far to much to finish.  The chairs in there are very comfortable and also there is Satelite T.V.  If you are spending a couple of hours, it's worth it, as  there is no limit to the amount of food and soft drinks.   You don't have to pre book, just walk in and pay. They used to give you a glass of wine free, but, now you have to pay for alcohol.

Offline lisa

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 20:17:12 PM »
Is it the same 42 YTL for children?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 21:28:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pete123

Hi guys
I'm a bit confused is  there xray m/c at the entrance or not.[?]

Pete123

Yes, but instead of the scanners at the entrance to the departure gates, they are now before passport control

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 23:52:44 PM »
As we went through the first security gates (as you enter Dalaman airport) last week, our bags (hand luggage only) were screened and taken to one side.  They were thoroughly checked - we had two small bottles of water and a can of coke in one of them.  We were told to drink them there and then, or dispose of them.  We drank the water and threw the coke in the bin.  :(

My name was then put in the "naughty" book, along with my passport number etc!!!!

After we had checked in, we went to the boarding gate, and there was a little "cafe" with huge signs up, selling cake and a cup of tea for 5 lira.  We tried to order two, but were told that the offer was no longer on, and that the cost would be 12.5 lira EACH!  Loads of people were getting stung, so beware!  Needless to say, we gave it a miss - worked out at over £11 at the current exchange rate for two cups of tea and two small muffins (cost on the Easyjet flight was less than £7 for two Starbucks coffees and two very scrummy large chocolate muffins).

Offline peecee

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 04:23:25 AM »
As I said before, a money-spinner.  Why are there no water machines at the airport?  what happens if your flight is delayed by hours and you have no money?  And if you're travelling with children?  In the UK you can drink the tap water if desperate, can you at Dalaman?

Offline BM06

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 13:46:09 PM »
Clair, do you really think they care? i agree with you, its all about the money.

Offline seagull007

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2010, 14:53:28 PM »
This is just another example of the Turkish people being greedy, Sadly this time they appear to have goverment backing. They will not be happy until they have totally killed the Golden Goose that could have continued to lay them the Golden egg, and we all wonder why Turkey has not taken off with the British tourist as all the experts anticipated. When will they learn?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2010, 17:43:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lisa

Is it the same 42 YTL for children?

I don't know how much the C.I.P. lounge charge for children. The best advise would be to go and ask when you get there.  However, if you are going to be in the Airport for a while it would probably be cheaper to pay for children to go in the lounge than pay the prices outside, at least you pay one price and then can eat and drink as much as you want to. ;)

Offline terry

• Traitor
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2010, 19:21:49 PM »
Still observing you Jacqui.....!x

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 19:58:22 PM »
Have I picked up a CBF stalker?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo