Author Topic: KTHY Flights suspended  (Read 23063 times)

Offline julesbob0303

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 07:07:40 AM »
Thanks for that Tribalelder.  I'm panicking a bit as, when I looked at other flight options last night for late July, there are either only 3 or 4 seats left, or prices are extortionate!

Chances are - prices will go up even more now that kthy are in trouble.  We've seen it all before.

At the moment, should we just sit back and do nothing?  I'm tempted to ring them after work today and see what they've got to say.  Will keep you informed!

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 07:17:10 AM »
I have just called a friend in Turkey :)
It was reported last night on Turkish tv news thats kthy has found a partner and all normal business will resume this weekend and that kthy will receive financial support from the government:D

Will keep forum posted if i hear of anything else fingers crossed looks like flights will be ok :D

Offline Donna2202

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 08:34:02 AM »
My Mum & Dad are due to fly out to see us on Friday. They've booked new flights with Thomas Cook as they didn't want to risk being stranded on Friday. Their credit card Company have said that if KTHY won't refund them then they will sort it out. If anyone else is in this situation then Thomas Cook have some really reasonable flights at the mo.

Offline Christie

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 10:11:47 AM »
We have a flight booked with KTHY in September so we were relieved to see Marytheresa's post.   Hope it works out for KTHY as they are good confortable flights. We flew with Thomas Cook in June their seats are dreadful - so horribly cramped and upright their only saving grace was that they took off on time and arrived early both ways.

Offline nuttybird

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 10:30:49 AM »
Hi all, a lady i work with is supposed to be flying with KTHY and has just had this sent to her, http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/38850.asp she is none to impressed x

Offline nuttybird

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »
Just an update my colleague called her travel agent Anatolian Sky and they said to her "KTHY were on strike yesterday, but couldnt confirm today whether they had gone bust or not, but all they have been told is to sort peoples holidays out, and they will get round to all their clients to discuss different arrangements?" not much help but something for you to know. xx

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 13:01:17 PM »
all very conflicting....I rang KTHY and was told that my flight in July would be fine...all flights resuming as normal today (but we all know that is probably not the case) and so I have no idea whether that was just a brush off. She told me about the Atlasjet merger (or whatever it is) but when my sister in law rang shortly afterwards, she was told a different story!  And flights are cancelled today....just dont know whether to rebook other flights now or hold it out....

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 14:13:36 PM »
We've still got a while to go yet so not getting too worked up but would be if our travel was imminent. Will give it a few weeks to settle before I start to look for new flights .

Offline marytheresa

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 15:53:50 PM »
MECiDiYEKÖY:
Adres: Büyükdere Caddesi No:56/B Mecidiyeköy - istanbul / TÜRKiYE
Tel: 0 212 274 69 32-33-34 / 0 212 274 03 43
Fax: 0 212 274 59 81
e-mail: mecidiyekoy@kthy.aero

Spoken with this office in Istanbul they are reporting that there will be no problems with flights and advise not to buy another ticket with any other airline.

Offline julesbob0303

KTHY Flights suspended
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 16:25:51 PM »
I have just emailed them.  Awaiting their reply anxiously!!   8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf