Author Topic: Excess baggage with TC  (Read 5026 times)

Offline DianaJ

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 21:20:46 PM »
thats great had planned to take out a few extra things when going out in May but was concerned about being overweight this will solve my problem... cheers

Offline Denise40

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 07:59:47 AM »
Thanks goes without saying for any useful information, however not willing to share the Choc !! LOL x

Offline calvin 1949

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 09:41:25 AM »
Many thanks ,now have 50 kilo,s luggage :) 2 sets of golf clubs  8),plus 10 kilos of hand luggage .How,s Jill going to carry all that :D???????

Offline claire_d

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 13:16:19 PM »
How do I access the API site? I've had a look on the normal TC flights site and can't seem to work it out. Would be good to book this as I'm always over!  :-\. Thanks in advance.

I've found the site and entered my details and it is saying £35 for 5kg? Or am I doing it wrong?
Thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 13:34:18 PM by claire_d »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 14:29:00 PM »
You have to have a valid flight booking reference to access the API site and you are required to go this route to submit the advanced passenger information to gain entry to Turkey. You will then be able to to book the extra baggage(unless the goalposts have moved again) on the same site. You could/can supply the API at the airport but may then not be able to do the extra baggage except at £35 for 5 kilos. :)

Offline claire_d

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »
That's what I did, I guess the goalpoasts have been moved then. Thanks for your help.

Offline Denise40

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 13:44:07 PM »
V strange - my brother booked extra weight at £7.50 for 5kg yesterday - you have to go through the flythomascook website I think.

Offline holmej

Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 20:28:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

You have to have a valid flight booking reference to access the API site and you are required to go this route to submit the advanced passenger information to gain entry to Turkey. You will then be able to to book the extra baggage(unless the goalposts have moved again) on the same site. You could/can supply the API at the airport but may then not be able to do the extra baggage except at £35 for 5 kilos. :)

I've tried a few times to enter required API details on the FlyThomasCook.com API page, but it wont accept my booking reference. I read on one TCX site that you have to wait until 30 days from flight date to enter your details, I'm sure this has changed and you used to be able to do API within 3 months of your flight date. Perhaps being able to book extra hold luggage at the cheaper price is dependent on successfully completing API entry?????

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 20:45:57 PM »
Entered mine earlier this afternoon with no problems. Didn't try to book extra luggage though.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Excess baggage with TC
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 23:38:00 PM »
You cannot enter your API until (it was) 48 hours after making your booking until 48 hours before your flight

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf