Author Topic: Esnaf  (Read 3242 times)

Offline busybee

Esnaf
« on: February 09, 2018, 20:21:33 PM »
Just to let folk know that the Esnaf is now not accepting my medical insurance. I was told by the Esnaf that I have one of the best Turkish policies which is widely used by many. I went for a minor orthopedic problem, to see consultant, Xray, prescription etc. Was told that my insurance was not acceptable !!! What !!! To be told that they are in negotiation with them to renew their contract.  This is not my problem, my insurance is valid until June, I have had it for 3yrs, on a renewal basis.  I have paid over and above for this policy for the very reason, to cover myself for any hospital treatment as needed.  I have got my receipts and My insurance agent will scan them to their head office in Instanbul. I feel sure I shall be reimbursed. This is just a warning to others who may experience the same saga., check before you go.  I have rang the Letoon and they have no such problem. They have always been cheaper, but less convenient for me.  I have a directory of hospitals and can go to most private and all state hospitals, throughout Turkey. I really dont know what is going on at the Esnaf, but obviously they have been saturated with SGK and I think they are now paring down private patients with medical insurance, due to renewing their contracts. Lets hope this is only for temporary period. As many know, that it you are in SGK and develop a medical problem, which then turns into chronic, you will not be covered, even if you were as fit as a flea, when you joined. I was advised by someone in the hospital to write to the British Embassy with details and to get as many people as possible to do the same.  We are not covered in the UK and it seems we are not really covered here.  The older we get, it is likely that many conditions, will become chronic, hypertension, arthritis, cancer, strokes, cardiac etc.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Esnaf
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 20:36:33 PM »
Very informative post busybee.  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 20:51:00 PM »
Gosh Busybee I do hope you get reimbursed, seems very wrong that youv paid more for your policy to have peace of mind that you will be covered & then that happens, good luck and do keep us updated please, I would defo like to know how this turns out for you

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 21:37:03 PM »
Ignorance, I know, but the hospital next to Kipa, which one is it and is it the one for private patients only or similar to our NHS hospitals. Also where exactly is the other hospital?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 21:40:40 PM »
The one by Kipa is the Devlet Hospital ie the state hospital. The Esnaf is just off the kordon & probably about 3/4 of the way to Fethiye from Calis.

Offline sadler

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 22:26:00 PM »
S o is there another hospital called the Leetoon and if so, where is it?   :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 23:44:18 PM »
That's on the main Antalya Road heading out of Fethiye, past Patlangic towards Karachula. Opposite side of the road to Tespo.

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 07:22:45 AM »

Just to let folk know that the Esnaf is now not accepting my medical insurance. I was told by the Esnaf that I have one of the best Turkish policies which is widely used by many. I went for a minor orthopedic problem, to see consultant, Xray, prescription etc. Was told that my insurance was not acceptable !!! What !!! To be told that they are in negotiation with them to renew their contract.  This is not my problem, my insurance is valid until June, I have had it for 3yrs, on a renewal basis.  I have paid over and above for this policy for the very reason, to cover myself for any hospital treatment as needed.  I have got my receipts and My insurance agent will scan them to their head office in Instanbul. I feel sure I shall be reimbursed. This is just a warning to others who may experience the same saga., check before you go.  I have rang the Letoon and they have no such problem. They have always been cheaper, but less convenient for me.  I have a directory of hospitals and can go to most private and all state hospitals, throughout Turkey. I really dont know what is going on at the Esnaf, but obviously they have been saturated with SGK and I think they are now paring down private patients with medical insurance, due to renewing their contracts. Lets hope this is only for temporary period. As many know, that it you are in SGK and develop a medical problem, which then turns into chronic, you will not be covered, even if you were as fit as a flea, when you joined. I was advised by someone in the hospital to write to the British Embassy with details and to get as many people as possible to do the same.  We are not covered in the UK and it seems we are not really covered here.  The older we get, it is likely that many conditions, will become chronic, hypertension, arthritis, cancer, strokes, cardiac etc.

I don't know about the rest of the post, but the bit reference the Chronic illnesses is wrong Barb, I am still being treated and get my meds with SGK for no extra cost other than the SGK payment.

Offline busybee

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 12:55:28 PM »
Well Baz I am glad that your are still getting your treatment.  My friend who started off with a simple fractured foot, that turned into a nightmare, had to pay a lot of money for her last op, as it was deemed as chronic. 

My neighbour who has been having cardiac treatment for 3 years and goes monthly for his check up, now has to pay for his blood tests, as now deemed, chronic.

An English customer in the 3C's, has now had her treatment stopped, as deemed chronic.

So maybe if your treatment is not too expensive they will continue to provide.  I can only tell you of the above people that I personally know and what I was told by a trusted and long term employee at the Esnaf.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf