Author Topic: David Moyes  (Read 8145 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
David Moyes
« on: January 06, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »
Is it just me? or has anyone else noticed how well Everton are doing without him, and how badly Man Utd are doing with him  ;)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
Re: David Moyes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:11:12 AM »
But, but, he's "the chosen one".  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:15:17 AM »
I am torn here, I, of course, am not a M.U. Fan, but I always liked Moyes, however, Everton do seem to have benefitted from a new Manager, but I think Fergie knew he was getting out at the right time when the team needed  rebuilding. He left Moyes with a hard job and some would say, a poison chalice.
I see now some of the M.U. fans are calling for a new Manager already and some want Malky MacKay.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
He left a good squad at Everton and inherited a crap one at Manu.

I love it  :)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »
I said it before on an earlier thread - Fergie chose his time to exit very shrewdly.
The legs were going on his centre halves - he had never replaced the mad Irishman in midfield and the everton fan up front was unreliable and badly managed by his agent.

Too many others were mediocre - fabio - cleverly - anderson - nani - smalling etc etc

The writing was on the wall - complete clear out required and he had neither the enthusiasm or the time to do it again. (accepting he has been the greatest manager in my lifetime)

I think Moyes should be given time but with booing yesterday somehow I doubt he will be given enough time!

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 15:20:48 PM »
OK like many I am having a good time looking in at the problems of Manure, and particularly enjoying baiting their supporters.

However, I think they have the right man in Moyes to take the club on - although may be not to the levels they achieved under Fergie - from the poor squad he has inherited from Fergie and the American Owners.  So he will need the rest of this season and the summers transfer window to make his stamp on the club.

Although this could mean that Manure will be out of next seasons CL, mind you so will Liverpool so they will be in good company. Interesting to see how much these club's no 1 stars (Shrek and Squarez) are content to continue playing for a club out or never in the CL.

BTW anyone noticed how RVP has dropped off the radar with injuries, and his return is delayed for one reason or another.  Funny how that is aligned with the time that the club/team are not doing so well .... saw it too frequently at Arsenal to think it was pure coincidence.

Oh yea and I did enjoy the Cup Game on Saturday and I almost blushed at my heavy laughing at Walnut giving the Spuds the 2-0 to the Arsenal sign .... a thing of beauty ;D ;D ;D

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 16:19:14 PM »
Don't be so nasty Pete, or if you are going to be, do it with a bit of decorum. im a bit of an arsenal fan, but they could go tits up again, then we get the flak, be nice like me.   ;)   :)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 17:21:50 PM »
I have learnt over the years that if you are going to dish it out, you have to learn to take it when things are not going so well.  And I always do it with complete decorum for all supporters, whether they be a Manc (whichever) Blue Scousers, Chelski, Irons (not the hoof type), even teams who were good once like Leeds, Liverpool and Spurs .... oh yes especially Spurs ;

Offline engineerdave

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 18:42:13 PM »
How anyone can say he inherited a "poor" squad from Fergie is ridiculous. He inherited the premier league champion team and a massive squad. A team that won the title by a massive 11 points . If that's a poor squad I'm a Dutchman. The only problem with Manure is that Moyes does'nt know how to manage the biggest football team in the World and by the end of the season he will be gone.Mark my words.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 19:00:26 PM »
Not a championship winning team, they just didn't throw it away as badly as the other usual suspects. I agree with Ian - too many players that simply aren't good enough as he listed, and too many under achievers - I can add Valencia, Fellaini, Carrick, Buttner & the hapless diver Ashley Young to his list - almost a team of players who should have been shown the door. I hear Carrick is finally delivering after years of absence and poor form - well I haven't noticed him delivering much?

This squad would be pulled apart by several of Fergie's United teams - most of them in fact. I well remember them terrorising opponents with a 50 yard throw from Schmeical to the pace of Giggs on the left or Kanchelskis on the right to attack within the blink of an eye - exciting football indeed. No evidence of exciting football there this season.  Of course Fergie knew when to go - there's no way he could have this squad sitting on top of the league while the same players languish under Moyes.

This season is the same, it may well be a championship won by the team who slip up fewer times rather than a strong team.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf