Author Topic: Fabregas  (Read 2134 times)

Offline davybill

Fabregas
« on: June 12, 2014, 18:05:07 PM »
Chelsea have signed. Sesc Fabregas according to the latest news,

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Fabregas
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 20:37:41 PM »
That'll please large numbers of Chelski fans.  It's not made a great number of Arsenal fans to happy either.

Great player, and I wonder if Arsenal could have taken him back.. we could still use his quality even with Ozil, Ramsey and Jack, but hey ho.  I just wonder whether we should have been using the buy back clause to ensure that he did not go to any of our PL rivals who want him, especially the main London rival!!  Still if we see Wenger spend the money and bring in some real quality for a striker, defensive midfielder, a right back and some further pace out wide, then the Cesc issue will soon be forgotten. 

My worry is that Wenger will do the same as he has done in any of the last five years and not spend the money to acquire that extra layer of quality in depth that Arsenal need to press on in the PL, and indeed the CL.  Wenger out  (ooohps too late!!  ;))

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 07:29:56 AM »
Arsenal had first refusal...

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »
£30 million lot of money,maybe Wenger got someone else ,,in mind?

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 11:11:29 AM »
A great signing for Chelsea I think Arsenal's loss, but he wanted to join a team with winning potential and probably did not see that in the Gunners   ;)

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 16:50:18 PM »
A great signing for Chelsea I think Arsenal's loss, but he wanted to join a team with winning potential and probably did not see that in the Gunners    ;)
That would have been a correct analysis if Arsenal had not declined to take him, not the other way round.  He wanted to come back to the Prem, but equally important was to be in London -where he has a child - and so after arsenal declined the only other London based team who showed interest was Chelski, so the decision was almost made for him.  He is a great player and is just what Chelski need to replace Fat Frank.

Whilst I understand the love some Arsenal supporters had for him, I still remember how disruptive his departure was (over two seasons), and if his arrival would have meant the departure of either Jack, Ramsey or Ozil (even Smiler Santi Carzola) then on balance I'd have to say, no thanks Cesc.  But we shall see how things pan out this season... if Wenger spends the £100 million plus transfer pot wisely.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 11:01:18 AM »
A great signing for Chelsea I think Arsenal's loss, but he wanted to join a team with winning potential and probably did not see that in the Gunners      ;)
... if Wenger spends the £100 million plus transfer pot wisely.

And that is a big IF................  ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 14:31:01 PM by teetee »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 11:55:22 AM »
I think any player in the premiership is capable of becoming disruptive if an offer from Barce came for them and the club blocked it, I also find it strange the hatred that fans give to players who leave there club to go to another and I think Arsenal and Tottenham are the worst culprits for this.

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 14:02:49 PM »
I think any player in the premiership is capable of becoming disruptive if an offer from Barce came for them and the club blocked it, I also find it strange the hatred that fans give to players who leave there club to go to another and I think Arsenal and Tottenham are the worst culprits for this.
Oh Tinx you are re-writing history again, no offer was made by Barca for Fab, particularly as he had seven or so years left on his contract.  It was the player who kept lobbying for the move, over two seasons.  Yes he was pushing against an open door with Barca, because that kept the transfer price lower than it should have been.

You might find it strange about supporters being kissed off about want away players and Arsenal have had their share, but until Chelski got the Russian Gangster cash nobody wanted any of their players anyway.  Well possibly with the exception of Ray The Crab Formely Known as Butch Wilkins, and as I recall in his playing days with Manu he had a bad time when he returned to the bridge.  No better boo boys in the 70s and 80s than the shed end.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 18:42:11 PM »
William Gallas, now where did he go to?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf