Author Topic: Please read  (Read 6895 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Please read
« on: April 24, 2011, 19:45:26 PM »
I do not know if this would have helped last night or if they had smoke alarms at the Roka.
Please go out tomorrow and buy a smoke alarm most people had them in the UK as a matter of course.
I have spoken to lots of friends today and none have smoke alarms fitted, they are available in all the Yapi markets and Kipa. Even if you are only here for a few weeks a year, please get them fitted.
Mark

Offline Bim

Please read
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 19:52:39 PM »
Hi Karaokemark - thats some thing ive never thought of, but thinkinhg about it now, I will do. Funny that I have smoke alarms in my property in uk & not ovacik..... hopefully i will fit them in when im out in ovacik 28th april ...thanks & best wishes

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Please read
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 19:55:34 PM »
Good call Mark on such a sad day.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Please read
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 20:06:10 PM »
As a rule do hotel rooms in Calis have detectors fitted[?].

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Please read
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 20:15:17 PM »
Yes it is a good call, it is such a heartbreaking thing to have happened, when I read the first posting about it I imagined it was probably a kitchen fire being a restaurant, I would never in a million years thought something like that had happened, we will be fitting smoke alarms in our apartment.

Offline Jim Fraser

Please read
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 20:34:53 PM »
A very good reminder Mark. Thanks

Offline johnboy1967

Please read
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 21:23:55 PM »
what really scared me was the fact that the apartment seems to have had iron bars that were unopenable.... We had been talking about smoke alarms just a few days ago, and like many others will be seeking some out as soon as possible.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Please read
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 21:30:00 PM »
We were thinking the same Mark.
We also were thinking about metal bars and associated problems of getting out in an emergency.
Everyone should take time to think about how they would escape from their buildings.
I'm not suggesting anything to do with the tragedy at Roka, just as a timely reminder to have an escape plan

Offline superpp

Please read
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 21:44:29 PM »
a smoke alarm was near the top of the list for our apartment, I'm surprised they are so often overlooked, especially considering how cheap they are in the UK.

sad news about the fire at the Roka

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Please read
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 06:50:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kayakebab

We were thinking the same Mark.
We also were thinking about metal bars and associated problems of getting out in an emergency.
Everyone should take time to think about how they would escape from their buildings.
I'm not suggesting anything to do with the tragedy at Roka, just as a timely reminder to have an escape plan

Linda I took advice from a fire officer who is a good friend of mine, if you are having iron bars on juliet balconies in bedrooms, then do not just extend the rail that is there and box it in, pay a bit extra and have sliding doors fitted, keep the key in the same place at all times ie on the tie back hook.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf