Author Topic: URGENT - Does anyone know 'julesbob0303'?  (Read 2839 times)

Offline julesbob0303

URGENT - Does anyone know 'julesbob0303'?
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 14:22:22 PM »
I'm in work, but have received the messages.  We are trying to sort something as I write.  Will get back to you asap.

Offline Merhaba

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 15:03:26 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their help in contacting Julie.  Clean up operation underway.  Both properties are going to take some considerable time to dry out though!!

Offline Merhaba

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 15:17:40 PM »
Blocked drains on the terraces caused the problem!!  it's going to take a considerable time to dry out both apartments, particularly whilst the weather is so wet!! Having said that, at least the problem is sorted and the water can now drain away!!

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 15:51:30 PM »
I'm at home now, so able to reply!!!

Thanks so much to everyone who tried to contact me.  Thanks especially to Mete from Golden Moon, who has saved the day.

Thank goodness we have given our phone number to some of the lovely people we have met through cbf.  We will sort out a management company when we're over in early April to make sure nothing like this happens again.

Thanks again  :)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 15:56:01 PM »
Jules sorry to hear about that what a palava and isnt CBF great to enable you to be contacted and resolve the situation. I cant speak highly enough of our management company and even though people thought we were bonkers forking out year on year for our little place to be monitored it has given us peace of mind that in the event of , fire winds or floods they will sort it so we dont have to! Worth every penny whoever you choose!

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 16:23:44 PM »
You're completely right Maria.  We looked into it whilst we were over in October, and decided against it, as our friends (also on our complex) were coming out for New Year and looked over the apartment for us.  There were absolutely no problems at all at that point.  As we're back out early April, we assumed (wrongly!) that all would be well up until that point. From April, we're back and fore on a regular basis until the end of the October.  It's these winter months that are the problem.  :(

Luckily, our estate agent still had a set of keys (though he didn't know it when we contacted him earlier!)  He thought we had changed the locks after buying the apartment - good job we hadn't!!!!   :)

Offline Eric

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 17:57:57 PM »
Sorry we've been out all day so missed all these messages otherwise we'd have gone down there to help....Julie you need to leave keys with us as discussed but we both forgot (after too much alcohol imbibed). You know our contact details if you need us to do anything.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 19:44:24 PM »
Have now been sent photos of the water damage to our apartment - feel devastated that we can't be there to sort out the mess.  :(

Have contacted our insurance company, but unsure at this point the full extent of the damage.  Everyone has been very kind and helpful, and hopefully we'll know a bit more next week.

Eric, I will send you a message on facebook about picking up the keys.  It'll probably be a good idea if you keep the set that are (luckily!) still at the estate agents.

Sounds like we are not the only ones who have suffered from flooding over the last couple of weeks.  Feel so bad that the apartment below was also affected.  So glad that Jan went to check that apartment, otherwise it would have been so much worse.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 19:46:21 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline Eric

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 22:15:17 PM »
OK

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf