Author Topic: Selling Up  (Read 2841 times)

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
Selling Up
« on: April 15, 2015, 17:45:34 PM »
Hi.  Unfortunately have had to put our property up for sale - only been up a couple of months so not expecting that it will be sold as yet but just wondered what the property market is like at the moment.  I totally understand that the right pricing is key but as am not over there it is difficult to gauge.  At the moment I have it with one agent who happen to be the people who I bought it off but is it worth me listing with another agent as well?  Also are there better times of year to sell - my gut instinct is the the summer season will potentially attract more interested parties but I could be wrong?

Just curious what people think.
Thanks as always, Barbara   :)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Re: Selling Up
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 18:55:09 PM »
I have just sold mine after being on the market for a week, but speaking to 3 different estate agents, I was lucky someone wanted that area. The market is slow at the moment, Turkish people are buying but with the exchange rate so high, very few are buying from Brits.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 11:20:13 AM »
Like Mark, we were lucky to sell very quickly.

We put it on the market with just one agent, who were recommended to us by friends.  We didn't think for one minute that it would sell over the winter months, and planned to market it further this spring/summer!  The agent was excellent, and the first day it went on, we had four viewings, one after the other (all Turkish).  That first couple of weeks, we had a lot of interest.  This was last November - we thought it probably wouldn't sell until the summer at least, but it sold within a month.

We sold to a couple who both work just around the corner, so we were in the exact area they wanted.  It was also the front apartment of a block of 8, so we caught their eye with a huge sign on the front balcony, advertising the sale!

Pricing is important - there are a lot of properties on the market, and we were happy to lose a little on what we paid for it, but we had had more than 7 years of wonderful holidays which would have cost us a lot more than what we lost on the sale  :)

Good luck with the sale - once you have decided to sell, it's a huge relief when you find a buyer.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 12:04:28 PM »
We had our property on the market for approx. 5 years before it sold, mind you, we didn't " push " the sale, as we weren't desperate. By the way, after getting nowhere with other agents, we finally handed over the sale to Birsten Butsen, who owns www.cennetestates.com and she sold it within a few weeks of trying really hard, she , at least , works for her clients, from a vast client portfolio, instead of sitting on her butt in an office, expecting clients to come to her !!

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:59 PM »
Thank you for the responses so far - much appreciated. Apologies did not respond earlier.

At the moment just finding the lack of communication very frustrating.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf