Author Topic: Selling - associated costs  (Read 4065 times)

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
Selling - associated costs
« on: April 19, 2016, 13:12:55 PM »
Hi everyone. 

We are probably going to have to put up for sale our apartment, sadly, and just wondered apart from the agent's fees what other costs there are and a really rough idea of what those would be.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks a million
Barbara xx

Offline Jim Fraser

Re: Selling - associated costs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 13:28:51 PM »
We sold an apartment last year, the only cost we had was 50 tl to cover the translation of the sale documents.

Hope your sale goes as smoothly as ours did.

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 13:39:54 PM »
We sold an apartment last year, the only cost we had was 50 tl to cover the translation of the sale documents.

Hope your sale goes as smoothly as ours did.

Thanks Jim. What about Solicitor costs?

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 14:21:38 PM »
Did not use a solicitor. Just made sure the money was paid before final paperwork was signed.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 14:31:31 PM »
I used Sule Beder, paid £1,000. Came back to UK and left her to do it all. Sort out final bills, handle all aspects of sale. Check on property. I know, not cheap, but worth every penny. I would recommend Sule for all aspects of buying/selling.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 15:35:46 PM »
If you're not in Turkey then Sule is a good bet to leave a POA with as she'll do the lot for you, at a price obviously.

If you're in Turkey then no need for a solicitor, once the money hits your account you can sign anything from the Tapu docs to the buyers arse - it doesn't matter as you've got your dosh.

Maybe a few hundred lira for translator/translations?  Not much else really as a seller.

Good luck

JF

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 15:51:29 PM »
I used Sule Beder, paid £1,000. Came back to UK and left her to do it all. Sort out final bills, handle all aspects of sale. Check on property. I know, not cheap, but worth every penny. I would recommend Sule for all aspects of buying/selling.
[/quote

Thank you

Offline babcc

• It is, what it is!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 15:55:07 PM »
If you're not in Turkey then Sule is a good bet to leave a POA with as she'll do the lot for you, at a price obviously.

If you're in Turkey then no need for a solicitor, once the money hits your account you can sign anything from the Tapu docs to the buyers arse - it doesn't matter as you've got your dosh.

Maybe a few hundred lira for translator/translations?  Not much else really as a seller.

Good luck

JF
Thanks John.  We are based in the UK however we are out in August so the ideal would be if all the planets aligned and could sort it then.  Methinks it will not happen like that.  Thanks again xxx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf