Author Topic: Memo lokanta  (Read 2963 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
Memo lokanta
« on: April 21, 2016, 13:04:51 PM »
This place is situated on the right hand side of the roundabout, in Hisaronu (if you are coming to Ovacik from Olu Deniz.)
I went in and asked for a take away chicken Kebab, I sat down and asked the price. I knew that I was about to be 'stung' when the waitress asked the owner how much!! The reply came back.....16TL!!! I said that that was too much money, and she promptly pulled out a menu list printed in English.
One place to give a miss unless you are made of money.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: Memo lokanta
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 14:07:43 PM »
Blimey Mary you aint having a lot of luck on the eating establishments are you! I hope you told him where to stick his take away chicken kebab.  This early in the season and some are trying to get their gouging in early ..... shame on them.

Offline mary62

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 14:15:10 PM »
I certainly did tell them to put it where the sun dont shine....I walked out leaving them with the phrase Calis-beach forum. I don't hold with giving my hard earned dosh to outright rip off merchants.....hence these reviews are honest.

Offline strange

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 14:17:39 PM »
Problem is that to most tourists approx. £4 for a chicken kebab will seem like the norm (well it is in London anyway)

Offline mary62

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 14:20:23 PM »
Problem is that to most tourists approx. £4 for a chicken kebab will seem like the norm (well it is in London anyway)
Yes, but Hisaronu is a lot more expensive than Calis and Ovacik, and they were charging 8TL for a kebab, which is about 3TL dearer than Fethiye et al.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 17:47:26 PM »
  Mary
  If you went from Memo further up the hill into Ovacik, on the left hand side there is an Azda. A few hundred yards further on the
  same side is a small place called Fatma's. Lovely Turkish couple, lovely food, they do set menu's, and they will pick you up or drop you
  off. We've used them for years, she's a retired nurse. It's across the road from the 24 hour Bakery ( which make some delicious pastries)     ;)

PS,  thanks for the reviews Mary.

Offline mary62

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 23:11:17 PM »
You are welcome Kev.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf