Author Topic: Dawn Beach - first visit  (Read 6555 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Dawn Beach - first visit
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 22:57:43 PM »
Jacqui - this thread is about the quality of food in the Dawn Beach.

We have not eaten there so cannot comment but if it's busy they must be doing something right.

Not every post is about the food H.  We have eaten there, in fact it was a day we met Brenda. so a few years ago.  We had lunch.   

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 23:31:44 PM »
Agree H. Jaquie, have you ever had a steak here? If not how can you comment? It is a sports bar,that's where all us folks that need a sports fix while on holiday go to. They also do an excellent 3 course meal that includes fillet steak as a main course for about £11.50. You can also have this meal on a Tuesday at 5 pm, when I'm pretty sure there won't be much sport on and it will probably be quiet.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 05:45:06 AM »
I didn't even notice the screens.......
To be fair, clearly not a sports night when we were in but I thought it was very nicely laid out and good spot for people watching whilst enjoying the great food.  Oh, and my G&T was pretty good too!

We've had some great meals here this time - from casserole and kebabs in Frank Cannons, fab curry in Calis Beach Indian to delicious steaks in Laika and Dawn Beach.  Worst we've had was a breakfast of poached eggs on toast with bacon.  Cutting into the egg and all the water and uncooked stuff ran out soaking the toast.  Sent it back and it was returned 2 mins later having been "nuked" in the microwave!   So, boiled toast, rock hard eggs and a solid slice of brown sauce for brekkie........
We'll be sticking to the Bambu for our bacon and egg fix in future - besides, Abu make a mean iced coffee too  ;D

Offline madmart

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 06:55:40 AM »
Where did you have the dodgy breakfast?

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »
Probably not fair to say as always been first class and we didn't complain, just got on with it.  Never had a problem there in many years so don't want to rock any boats.

Offline DANKY

• Never red
Dawn Beach - first visit
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 11:24:10 AM »
Dawn beach is one of my favourite places you can't say it's boring in there like 95% of the bars this year that was empty in June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 12:22:28 PM »
TV isn't always intrusive. We called in for a drink last week at about 10pm. Footy on but quiet. Place was buzzing.

Had a few breckies there. 20tl but excellent and always excellent and friendly service.

Not a place I would say is mostly ex-pats but even if it was then so what? Their money is as good as mine!

Also heard the steaks are excellent but look to be about 10tl more than the ecxellent ones I've had at Nil Bar.

Nice spot though. We often call in for a beer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf