Author Topic: Special occasion  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Re: Special occasion
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 19:17:50 PM »
Great review, shame about Yacht Classic, we have been to both many times over they years the both have never been quit the same year to year, sometimes better sometimes worse.

But that’s why it’s good to see a review when we are about to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 19:26:16 PM »
I think the Yacht Classic has ‘got above themselves’ of late.
They now charge 300tl entrance fee per person for day visits it’s nothing special to charge this amount you don’t even get a free bottle of water included in that!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Special occasion
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 21:55:34 PM »
We were in Turkey for my birthday in April and celebrated it at Yengec in Karagozler. Lovely food & location, and friendly but professional service.

Offline fredam

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2019, 22:14:50 PM »
We usually go to Kings Garden in Fethiye    http://www.kingsgardenrestaurant.net for my birthday dinner.    They will collect you & their garlic mushrooms are to die for!

In previous years, if they collected you it was a set menu, but when we went this last June we could either order from the menu or do the set menu.

And the views from the hillside over Fethiye & the water are beautiful - especially at sunset, as the tables are right on the hillside.

They had lovely fresh flowers scattered on the tabletop also.  Lovely touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 09:41:02 AM »
I had been intending to go to Yacht Classic for quite some time and finally made it for lunch in June.

Fantastic spot and location. It takes you a bit by surprise to discover what is actually there.

Lunch was perfectly acceptable and yes, it’s on the pricey side, but where else in the world can you sit on the edge of marina watching fabulous yachts come and go and pay £3.60 for a beer and actually afford the lunch ?

We didn’t use the pool – but we were told it was 100TL for a day pass to use all the facilities.

I asked to see the evening menu and was disappointed to see that it didn’t differ very much from the day menu. On that basis I don’t think I will be rushing back to try the restaurant – but I would certainly go back for lunches, drinks and cocktails just for the ambience.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019, 15:46:29 PM »
It’s a long time since I saw the Sun Dial mentioned.. It was our local when Murat was there.. it was a fab day out.
I had the best steak I ever ate in Fethiye.. I sort of assumed that it had gone after Murat went back to Istanbul.. Do they still do the sun down music.? It was special

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2019, 10:17:32 AM »
Kings Garden for us, we will be there for wedding anniversary 2nd August, can't wait  8)  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2019, 04:32:40 AM »
Ah the Sun Dial and sun down music Anne what lovely memories of this I have, Sundial was one of the places we went on our first ever trip to Turkey and loved everything about it, Murat was a great host.
We’ve not been since it was refurbed and Murat left but seems to still get good reviews...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf