Author Topic: Turkish kids  (Read 6378 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Turkish kids
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 00:06:25 AM »
home from home for me

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 00:19:48 AM »
Yeah Puma maybe so but this is about noisy kids

Offline quackers

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 05:37:35 AM »
We have got a famıly of 4 brıts ın the next vılla. 2 adults 2 teenagers who all squeal ın the pool lıke they have never seen a pool before and play loud musıc from they're computer and shout to each other. At least they are quıet at nıght. The turkısh chıldren on holıday round here are too tıred ın the heat to be noısy they sleep all afternoon and are up wıth the famıly eatıng and chattıng ın the evenıng.

Offline Big Doug

• Not so big Doug
Turkish kids
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 06:34:20 AM »
Liz is that not classical Turkish music your referring to?

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »
You mean the warbling Doug, NO it could never be described as music!

Offline grizabella

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 08:29:09 AM »
The Turkish sons are especially pandered to.I once watched a 12 year old lad being fed his dinner by his mother as he wouldnt get off his computer!He couldnt eat it quıck enough as she was shovelling in spoonfuls and not giving him time to swallow!I've also seen the same mothers follow their children round restaurants with spoonfuls of food when their children wouldnt sit at the dinner table!Seems to answer a few posing questions about why son Turkish men are the way they are. ???

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »
We had Turkish neighbours with a child. We could tell when 'Baba' was out because the daughter (aged 9 years)  would scream and shout at her mother. When 'baba' was home she would just sob and he would cuddle her and give in to her. She was allowed to sit on his knee and drive his car up and down the road.Mother was only allowed to sit in the back seat of the car.
I had to have words with 'Baba' after every time I went to the pool, the mother sent her down to play with her young cousin at the pool, thinking I would be babysitter!

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 19:30:49 PM »
Is it me?  Am I being Victor Meldrewish?  Am I the only one to find the the little 'darlings' over indulged and a right pain in the fundament? They're whiney, noisy  and could do with a good slap round the legs, or for the politically correct at least 3 hours on the naughty step!!!! The lot on our site are driving me nuts....here we are nearly 10.00pm and they're all squealing so much I cannot hear myself think.  Entreaties to their parents fall on deaf ears.  I cannot wait for the end of summer when they and their parents depart to from whence they came!!!!!

No you're not alone - I seem to be a "squealing T kids" magnet.  It doesn't matter where I position myself (latest venue on an entirely empty space on Iztuzu Beach) Mr and Mrs come and plonk themselves next to me wiv the "canims".   Quiet meals are a nightmare in cafes and resturants, as the same happens.  Empty tables all around but guess who sits in the table next to me?  Apart from the obsessive "Anne, anne anne" which goes unanswered until the 20th time of saying, it is the high pitched nasal sound that has me wondering at what age it disappears?  Toddlers seem to communicate and obtain attention up to the age of 3 years old by an unearthly screech and/or scream which is on a par with, I imagine, a dog whistle before they speak properly!  I find myself a martyr to the little darlings, as I live in a block of apartments that I otherwise call the "Creche" (still looking for a detached house in the middle of a field). A friend asked me recently when mentioning the "squealers" if my child, when a toddler, didn't scream or screech.  Yes I replied but she only every did it twice! I leave the solution to you to work out.  As to your dilemma,  I find a Walkman useful, but the headphones pinch your ears after a while.  On occasion I give bad looks, which the parents seize on as a temporary measure to quieten the "lovies", but I've now resigned myself to the fact that if the noise becomes a nuisance, I get up and move away.  Sadly it's to do with my age, I think, or more likely "Turkish kids Rule" until they become adults, which incidentally I find, become nice balanced people, as they in turn raise their children in the same way ;o)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 20:00:30 PM »
I am only a "kid magnet" on flights - I ALWAYS seem to have a child in the seat behind me, annoying the hell out of me :( Parents don't seem to notice (or care) either, till I eventually can take no more and turn round...

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »
Blimey, surely you cant tar all Turkish kids with the same brush?!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf