Author Topic: Buying a Vehicle - Non Residents  (Read 14609 times)

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Buying a Vehicle - Non Residents
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 07:26:40 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by brianthegardener

its there country....we are guests in there country...they make and change the laws....we accept there laws or we can leave...its our choice.

So maybe we should run the UK like this & stop supporting foreigners until we receive equal treatment from Turkey?

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:06 AM »
Albaman - totally agree - it's when the law is blatantly unfair to disadvantage certain groups in the community or changed retrospectively that I have a problem.

Your final comment sums it up - as for us moving over permanently and putting a great deal more money into a larger property and spending more money in the community - it is becoming increasing less likely - so there you have it - the ultimate impact!

Offline crazydave

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 08:05:40 AM »
I asked about using your id number for a telephone connection thats all i wanted to know but the subject changed,then Pasha pointed out that people who bought and insured a car when it was possible on a three month visa were legal then, but now its changed there insurance is invalid,very sorry but that is 100% incorrect my next door neighbour who retired here after being in the uk police force for 35yrs,had the front of her car well smashed but the insurance company sorted it out with no problems there are several people i know of who have had accidents had no problem with claims we all use a company called Allianze.

Offline pasha

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 22:20:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by woody54

I asked about using your id number for a telephone connection thats all i wanted to know but the subject changed,then Pasha pointed out that people who bought and insured a car when it was possible on a three month visa were legal then, but now its changed there insurance is invalid,very sorry but that is 100% incorrect my next door neighbour who retired here after being in the uk police force for 35yrs,had the front of her car well smashed but the insurance company sorted it out with no problems there are several people i know of who have had accidents had no problem with claims we all use a company called Allianze.

After making further enquiries, I have been told today that the new legislation came into force on Jan 1st, so anything previous to that was subject to different laws.

This is a minefield so tread carefully.

I too am against the high cost of residency etc. but as far as I am concerned it is better to be safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 22:23:18 PM by pasha »

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 22:33:56 PM »
Pasha - you are right it is a minefield but still not clear see this post I put on a couple of days ago when I enquired as to his charges for helping me get a 6-month visa:

http://{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}33351

This was an excerpt from an e-mail from Koray which actually said:

You state that "The law has now changed and I now need a Kimlik Number to register a scooter and insure it." However, it is not the Law what is changed, it is the registration software that the Traffic Registration Office uses. This new software registers a vehicle owner according to TR. ID number for Turkish citizens and Foreign national ID number for foreign citizens. The problem is, a Foreign national ID number is only given to residence permit owners and only after nearly 1 month from the issuance of the residence permit. Before a tax number for the foreign national was enough. I have had meetings with the registration office authorities in Fethiye, they say that this drawback will be regulated within January, as there are many foreign nationals without a RP who have met all the legal requirement to register a vehicle.

In conclusion, the system seems to be changing quite soon and you may not need a RP to register your prospective scooter and a tax ID may do the work. If not, I can give you more info in due course.

Still as clear as mud - but I tend to believe someone who is telling me to hold fire rather than take my money!!!  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:53:10 AM by Ian »

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 09:48:56 AM »
Thanks Ian, this clears things a bit.

Basically now I can wait for either my residency application from 6 wks ago to come through & apply for my scooter registration or hope that the legislation & beurocracy concerning vehicle registration gets sorted?

I did detect that some other people's posts were defending this totally unacceptable situation.

Perhaps it is easy for them to take this view if they already have their registration from before this problem happened!

Cheers,

Dave

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2010, 09:59:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by albaman

Basically now I can wait for either my residency application from 6 wks ago to come through

Don't wait for the Pasaport Polis to phone you to tell you that your passport and RP are ready. They quote 5 to 6 weeks but it's very often completed and back at their offices ready for collection in as little as a couple of weeks.

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

quote:

Basically now I can wait for either my residency application from 6 wks ago to come through

Don't wait for the Pasaport Polis to phone you to tell you that your passport and RP are ready. They quote 5 to 6 weeks but it's very often completed and back at their offices ready for collection in as little as a couple of weeks.

Went there two days ago, still not here!

Offline starman™

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:06 AM »
quote:
Does anyone want to try & justify this system that is unfair, racist, & totally unorganised?

Whats racist about it? Turks have to use there citizenship number and show their ID card just as a foreigner must show this with a residence permit. There are NO different rules depending on if you are a Turk, jew or kurd.
As we say to people who dont like the system in the UK, there is always the airport.

Offline barry44544

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2010, 16:01:42 PM »
Getting back on topic......
I have been told that the computer program problem is now resolved.
My documents for my scooter will be ready to collect tomorrow.
Watch this space!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf