Author Topic: I've decided to buy a car !  (Read 8502 times)

Offline Susiepink

Re: I've decided to buy a car !
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 07:11:05 AM »
Thanks Liz, I did go and see Hamdi but they don't do the C1 any more. You do need a bit of power when you've got passengers !

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 08:21:40 AM »
Have to agree with Mark & Liz, we bought a new Citroen Berlingo from the dealership on Baris Manco and are delighted with the car and the after sales service we have received. The showroom price is a guide, they will discount the advertised price but don't expect 20%.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 14:11:04 PM »
Susiepink, did you buy a car in the end?
We have decided to go the same route and buy too, so I'm interested to know about the experience of one who's gone before us!   :)

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 06:38:46 AM »
Susiepink, did you buy a car in the end?
We have decided to go the same route and buy too, so I'm interested to know about the experience of one who's gone before us!    :)
Hi
Yes I bought a Honda i20 from the dealership up by Yaniklar, I've had it 6 months now. It cost me 40,000tl, and its ok, its great to have transport. I'm a bit disappointed in both the economy and the performance, it does about 37 miles to the gallon on average, ( can't do metric) the handbook promised between 43 and 63. Its no big hits to drive, if I had spent that kind of money in the UK I would have expected a lot more for my money! To be honest I have never had a new car before, I used to spend 3 or 4 grand at home and be delighted, but unfortunately you would be lucky to find a decent car here for that kind of money. I didn't test drive any other cars before I bought as I didn't have the transport to get me around all the dealerships, with hindsight I should have hired a car for the day and got myself around them all and took more time in choosing. I had a terrible knee problem at the time and was struggling to get around, hence the desperate need for transport.
Hope this helps Wordbird x

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 09:06:59 AM »
37 mpg is pretty good. You don't want to take much notice of the mpg's claimed by manufacturers as they're tested under very special conditions, not "normal" driving. The best figures are obtained by sustained motorway-type driving over long distances, on the flat using cruise control. You've got no chance of that around the Fethiye area.

(It's a Hyundai isn't it? Not a Honda)

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 16:07:09 PM »
It's a Hyundai isn't it? Not a Honda)

Typical woman I don't even know what make my car is ! Thanks for pointing out my mistake KKOB

Offline WordBird

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 21:14:28 PM »
It's a Hyundai isn't it? Not a Honda)

Typical woman I don't even know what make my car is ! Thanks for pointing out my mistake KKOB

;D ;D

Thank you, that's helpful (though sorry you're not thrilled with it!).

I've been keeping an eye out for second-hand but seen nothing that fits yet so trekking round the dealers is our next move.
We've hired for the winter and it's been invaluable - would find it hard to be without now. Summer wasn't too bad but relying on one dolmuş an hour now that might stop if the weather is bad, not many people are using it or there's a letter 't' in the day makes life out of town too difficult!
x

Offline Menthol

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 23:43:22 PM »
Well as you know, WordBird, we have the Qashqai which we bought new from the Nissan dealership on the D400.

Their after sales service has been excellent - sorting out the worn brake discs (the hills! the hills!) for 30 lira and fully valeting the car in that price.

We are thinking of trading it in for a newer model this summer (been told this is the best time to part exchange) just so that we can ensure reliability and before it starts to cost more. But we'll see what we can get for it at the dealership before we make up our mind for sure.

But like Susiepink, we didn't shop around. We've always favoured Nissan before, so went for what we knew, I suppose.

Not had any issues with the Qashqai. The high chassis means it can easily navigate the tracks that pretend to be roads here in Ovacik. No issues at all climbing the substantial hills even with a full load.

Happy car shopping!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 08:30:25 AM »
We bought a second-hand Nissan Countryman from Kocatepe Nissan many years ago, before they moved out to their new site, and always had excellent service and help from them. Even when it went for the smallest of recalls, adjustments or repairs it was always given a free valet inside and out.

Offline WordBird

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »
What Mr WB really wants is an old Land Rover like the short wheelbase 90 we had a few years ago.
I've vetoed this - don't even know if you can get them over here, but if you can I imagine they'd be astronomical to buy and even though he could do a lot of the maintenance himself, parts would cost a bomb.
Our past few cars in the UK have been Mazdas but again I think I've seen about two since we've been here and I bet they'd be too expensive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf