Author Topic: White Grape Juice  (Read 2345 times)

Offline screamlead

White Grape Juice
« on: September 15, 2011, 14:49:38 PM »
Been searching for the above for ages and never come across any either concentrate or natual.
Has anyone seen this stuff in any shop anywhere around here?
I could make my own concentrate from natural juice but grapes are a tad expensive this year owing to many people in the area losing their crop to acid rain.
They are in the region of 1tl a kg as far as i can work out but as i will be making loads of wine i need aroung 80kg per batch. 8)

Offline jackstee

White Grape Juice
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 16:41:37 PM »
Sorry

Checked it out .

There is concentrate near us that I will also check . Probelem is it's difficult to find out how much grape juice is used in it.

By the way, Did you say you use the old Effes bottle tops, if so how do you refit them. Piece of wood wnd a hammer. ??

Steve

Offline ovacik2

White Grape Juice
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 17:10:05 PM »
Could you use Uzum Pekmez?

Offline screamlead

White Grape Juice
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 22:39:24 PM »
Ovacik2, Uzum pekmez is the red stuff, i have used that and it makes a nice sherry ish wine fortified with brandy.
Jackstee, no i dont reuse effes bottle tops although you may be able to - before i got a proper capper i used a socket from a socket set and whacked it on with a rubber mallet but i get them sent over by post or by mates coming over. Wilkinsons uk are ok 89p for 50.
But one thing you can reuse is the screw top ones like effes dark and miller bottles - i use those as test bottles for turbo ciders to test the carbonation levels so i dont waste the new tops. Plus it doesnt really matter how much concentrate is in the white grape juice as i want it for making fruity wines with orange, cranberry etc it should actually say on the cartons somewhere, but i do know sultanas can be substituted as well to give wines more body but thy have to be started in a bucket for a few days then filtered into demijohns or fermenters.

Offline jackstee

White Grape Juice
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 13:55:01 PM »
Sultanas with patatoes I belive are the starter for a very good brew.

I will check the concentrate.

Offline screamlead

White Grape Juice
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 14:11:16 PM »
Lol you would have to watch it with the spuds though due to a starch haze - you would propably need Amylase to sort that out. Home brew shops have it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf