Author Topic: Moving to Calis  (Read 6291 times)

Offline ribeye100

Moving to Calis
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 18:41:51 PM »
Pictures of our boy are posted in the members photo section. :D

Merry Christmas to all.  :D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 18:43:16 PM by ribeye100 »

Offline Boxerdogs

Moving to Calis
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »
Welcome to Calis to you & Oscar hope you are getting settled. We came over March 2010 with 3 boxer dogs and like you were pleased that it was so quick & easy to get the dogs out of the airport (we landed at Dalaman) we left the kennel at the airport (there were a lot of people wanting them)& as there was three and thay did not split it was best for us. Like Oscar our three were happy to get back to the villa & get used to all the new smells I know Oscar will love it here I hope you will also Have a very happy 1st Christmas in Calis Jan & Steve xx

Offline yasemin3

Moving to Calis
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 18:42:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny Daly

Congrats to you both on your move.  Hope you enjoy your new life - we do the same on 7th Feb 2012 and looking forward to it.  We are also taking our dog Rory and would like to know if your dog was ok in Turkey on your arrival - i have to admit I am worried about him on the plane, never done anything like this before.  Did you keep the crate? we are not sure what to do with it because it will be too big to put in the car on our arrival.  We have a big dog ( labradoodle ).  We will live near the Calis Market- wishing you well and maybe we will meet soon. Glad to hear Oscar is happy.

Hi Jenny, our place is near the market and we will be out in march for a while. Going to Istanbul then Ankara for a couple of weeks but should be in Calis mid March. If you need a friend and neighbour or just any help with anything feel free to make contact through the forum. Enjoy your new life in Turkey.

Offline Jenny Daly

Moving to Calis
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 21:05:53 PM »
Thank you Yasemin - that is very kind of you.  I will remember you if I need any help, good to know I have a friendly neighbour.

Offline angieebabe

Moving to Calis
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »
Hi , and welcome to Calis. We are moving our wee Yorkie over in Feb 2012, We have been in Calis for nearly 4 yrs now and have mainly stayed all of the months from April to Nov , but now we have our new Villa completed we are making the move permanent. I have one question in relation to Transfer costs for a dog , We have been quoted 400 pounds to have her transferred , in the hold , and more likely a T.Cook Flight into Antalya. Is this a reasonable price..

Offline Jim Fraser

Moving to Calis
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 15:08:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by angieebabe

Hi , and welcome to Calis. We are moving our wee Yorkie over in Feb 2012, We have been in Calis for nearly 4 yrs now and have mainly stayed all of the months from April to Nov , but now we have our new Villa completed we are making the move permanent. I have one question in relation to Transfer costs for a dog , We have been quoted 400 pounds to have her transferred , in the hold , and more likely a T.Cook Flight into Antalya. Is this a reasonable price..

Pretty good quote - we took our two pets over a month ago, and the best price we had was £480 each

Offline Jenny Daly

Moving to Calis
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 18:18:10 PM »
We come over on 7th Feb and our dog is costing us £1242 but he is a large dog ( labradoodle ) we are going with Thomas Cook to Antalya - we got several quotes all expensive but I think your quote sounds about right for the size of your dog, also bare inmind they make a cage for him/her and the costly part is the space used up in the hold - apparently Thomas Cook charge the most!  Good luck with the move, what date do you go? and where is your Villa, Calis??

Offline jackstee

Moving to Calis
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 19:05:01 PM »
When jacki went to doha she was charged 70 lira from dalaman , all the way and that was in the cabin (business class) Coming back on Turk Airlines we were charged for a total of 15 kilos excess and that included the cage.

Charli is a Shi Zue by the way so is quite small

Offline kizkucuk

Moving to Calis
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 09:05:29 AM »
I paid £168 for my cat - with Thomson - the lady in Thomson cargo who deals with animal flights is excellent.  It's to do with the size of the cage.  i think that the price you have been quoted sounds a bit high.   I was quoted that sort of price for a pet shipping company to send her and decided to do it myself as it was cheaper - the people at Defra were so helpful and the procedure and paperwork was very straightforward.

Offline BM06

Moving to Calis
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 11:52:51 AM »
Sandy, Have yo got the contact details for Thomsons please, I paid about 180 pound to bring my dog over, seems a bit high to me as well[?] the cage bit seems confusing, as I just purchased the size that DEFRA recomended for size and weight of my dog and paid the excess baggage fee per kilo with the airline :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf