Author Topic: I guess we aren,t in kansas anymore toto  (Read 12004 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: I guess we aren,t in kansas anymore toto
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 11:36:53 AM »
Have you sold your apartment now then Kev, or are you staying put in that one .

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 13:33:25 PM »
I really enjoyed reading your account of the move.  Look forward to hearing more tails as time goes by.  Your neighbours sound wonderful!

Offline angela

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 16:05:06 PM »
 love your story Bernie, but  I'm no nearer knowing what the heck white food is???    :-\  ;)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 20:07:53 PM »
I really enjoyed reading your account of the move.  Look forward to hearing more tails as time goes by.  Your neighbours sound wonderful!

"Tails"     darned auto-correct….. :-[

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 21:35:31 PM »
Bernie, you and Slikmr have wonderful, exciting times ahead and I want to hear about them all - so keep posting!

Offline Menthol

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 21:45:58 PM »
Bernie and Martyn are two of the nicest people you could wish to meet. (I have to say that as they are looking after our house and I dont want to go back in March and find Bernie has sewn fish into the curtains or something).

The 'white food' is Bernie's oh so hilarious reference to the dinner I carefully cooked for us all the second night we moved into the house. It was potatoes, cauliflower and roast chicken and was totally devoid of colour and taste.

I do believe Jav made up for it a few days later with his lamb and spicy rice and chicken madras dishes though. When Nicola called in the following day, she finished off the left overs .....

Bernie and Martyn, it has been a pleasure. You are made for Turkey and Turkey will love you in return. See you soon, Dorothy.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 14:54:39 PM »
Well, its wednesday and now have a phone,3 year residency,registered the mobile, a rug,curtains and the wonderful internet and if we are very lucky we will have a television early next week. We were pulling our hair out Monday trying to get it all in place. Aisha dropped us to Fethiye at half 9 in the morning we got in at 5pm..but its done and we are happy.
We have no regrets about moving here, its just a nause completing paperwork n stuff. We have spent far more than anticipated, but at least the repairs are completed, the outside is in the process of being painted, and its begining to feel like home. I,m glad we moved this time of year,despite the cold,as I couldn,t have done it all in the heat. It,s comforting to hear the imam,the sheep,chickens and our street dog Jackie Boy, along with all our lovely neighbours and friends.
Lifes good and we are blessed.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 15:58:32 PM »
Golly you don't let the grass grow under your feet!!  Never mind, you are virtually sorted now and can take things easy and enjoy your new life.  Trying to get all that done in the heat of summer would have been horrendous.  We moved to our apartment early one May and that was hot enough.

Keep your tales coming, I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 17:40:51 PM »

Finally starting to look like home.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 18:09:41 PM »
That looks very tasteful, love the colour of the sofa, and the rug looks very Turkish!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf