Author Topic: Must Take...  (Read 12581 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Must Take...
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2013, 19:03:24 PM »
A ngela,  do the same as me, give one to each friend to bring over..we will get our full set back.eventually!!

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2013, 19:19:26 PM »
A ngela,  do the same as me, give one to each friend to bring over..we will get our full set back.eventually!!

But when your friends come out it costs you a fortune to entertain them (cheaper to freight the pans   ;) )
Or buy good quality pans on arrival (Can you buy GOOD quality pans in Turkey ?)

Offline George Warner

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2013, 08:47:12 AM »
Thats interesting, will have to send jim an email jacqui.

I was going to send the clothes,unbreakables and linen by post..think its called send my bag.com.

My must haves are now travelling in my suitcases as excess luggage...well thats the theory.
Think you will find that send my bag .com will not send to Turkey,'Due to Custom issues'

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 18:39:52 PM »
I know I must have got the name wrong, I looked on their website and realised they don,t do Turkey. I will find out which company it is she used though. Thanks for that George.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2013, 11:47:58 AM »

So far on my list - Dolce Gusto coffee machine & a good supply of pods, my breadmaker, expensive saute pan that cooks amazingly and Corsodyl toothpaste.

Scunner - I laughed so much at your comment about being able to see the wasp in the Dyson, I do that to the little b&$£*#!s and all my friends say I'm cruel!  ;D

I email to find out the pods can be bought in Turkey...This is the reply.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jacqueline

Thank you very much for your email.

Unfortunately Dolce Gusto is not currently available in Turkey. However if you would like to contact Nestlé Turkey direct their details are as follows :

Email : tuketici.hizmetleri@tr.nestle.com

Thank you again for taking the trouble to contact us. We are grateful for the interest you have shown in our company."

-------------------------------
So after you use up all your pods, the machine will be redundant.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »
If you had lived in Turkey you would realise that the solution is simple. You fill all your coat pockets, hood etc with pods :D Or like Karaokemark, tear the pockets and use the lining of your coat for extra space  ;)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2013, 13:38:23 PM »
Years ago I bought a new jacket whilst in America, it has a zip down the full height of the inside which gives access to all of the space between the lining and the outside material of the jacket. Mrs Hamlet calls it my 'Poachers Jacket' but I think it makes me look like the Michelin Man & Mr Blobby rolled into one. Last time I flew back with EJ I had 20kg hold luggage, 20kg cabin baggage & 16kg in the jacket. I certainly got my money's worth that time! 8) 8)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2013, 14:03:28 PM »
Noooooo......  :D

I may have to give the machine on temporary loan to someone....or, if we do decide on the van trip, stock up in bulk and then get friends to bring me a box out when they visit!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
Problem with the pods are you need two for every cup of coffee, so only 8 cups worth in each box.  We use about 3-4 boxes per week, so it would take an awful lot of boxes to last even for a couple of months.
We looked for an alternative a couple of weeks ago around the shops in Fethiye, but saw nothing.  I would really like to have a coffee machine in our place in Calis, as i miss my coffee fix when on holiday, but can manage without it, however, if I was staying longer in Calis i would really like to have a machne.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf