Author Topic: Must Take...  (Read 12842 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Must Take...
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 15:09:33 PM »
the kitchen sink  :)  :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2013, 19:01:17 PM »
I took a henry type vacuum over to Turkey in a case.
In fairness when I set up home over there 9 years ago we took loads of stuff that we thought we would struggle to buy in Turkey mainly because we didnt know where to go for it.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Must Take...
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 21:15:45 PM »
My UK Dyson wasn't working when we went back last week.
My sons housemate hoovered up damp washing powder.
A few hours later after dismantling it bit by but John had it working as good as new.
We definitely should have confiscated it and brought it back. Never found anything as good before or since. maybe it depends on the type and model.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2013, 16:06:21 PM »
What a brilliant thread - hadn't looked at it before but did so because I need to start making my own list.
(It's looking more and more likely that we'll be coming over next year...but we've agreed we want to rent first before jumping into buying something that's not exactly where we want to be.)

So, tentatively making plans...that including buying a cheap Transit-type van and driving over with all the stuff we can't live without like my kitchen gadgets and Mr WB's tools. We think it will take 3 - 4 days and will be part of the adventure.

So far on my list - Dolce Gusto coffee machine & a good supply of pods, my breadmaker, expensive saute pan that cooks amazingly and Corsodyl toothpaste.

Scunner - I laughed so much at your comment about being able to see the wasp in the Dyson, I do that to the little b&$£*#!s and all my friends say I'm cruel!  ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 16:59:57 PM »
We though of taking a Dolce Gusto Machine, but there are no pods for these machines in the supermarket, so once you run out of pods the machine is useless.  They don't seem to be big on making coffee with machines in the home in Turkey. 
Re moving with a van over to Turkey.  Ask Jim Fraser, who is a Forum Member, he did just this last year, but on his own,  his wife went over by plane.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2013, 17:20:43 PM »
How very sensible, Mrs Fraser!  ;D

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2013, 17:42:23 PM »
Thats interesting, will have to send jim an email jacqui.

I was going to send the clothes,unbreakables and linen by post..think its called send my bag.com.

My must haves are now travelling in my suitcases as excess luggage...well thats the theory.

Offline thebillet

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2013, 18:17:23 PM »
An internet radio, nice to have switched on without having to set up the laptop. Bit tricky with the time difference but pleasant background during the day and evening.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2013, 18:29:49 PM »
Thanks for the tip Jacqui - will message him if that's how we decide to do it.   :)

And didn't know about Sendmybag Bernie, so thank you too!

Don't think I can leave my carefully-amassed collection of Lakeland storage stuff behind either - in the box they go!

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2013, 18:36:14 PM »

So, tentatively making plans...that including buying a cheap Transit-type van and driving over with all the stuff we can't live without like my kitchen gadgets and Mr WB's tools. We think it will take 3 - 4 days and will be part of the adventure.

We looked at the 'Transit' trip but decided it would be too stressful with two Jack Russells !!!
8 cases and two dogs is our limit - everything else gets donated to our 5 kids.
Starting from scratch 'Turkish style' appeals to us.
(And for the umpteenth time Angela - you are not taking your Le Creuset  saucepans !!!)
  ;D ;D ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf